Major fail by Chavanel

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited May 2013 in Pro race
The old one was bad enough. This tat is ridiculous. Some people have no sense of class. The worst thing too is that Chavanel looks brilliant on a bike and is a lovely guy by all accounts...what possessed him to put this rubbish on his leg.

quickchav.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• what possessed him to put this rubbish on his leg.

To annoy you? :wink:

But as much as I don't like tattoos, it's his leg.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    what possessed him to put this rubbish on his leg.

To annoy you? :wink:

But as much as I don't like tattoos, it's his leg.

That. It does look shit but it's his shit.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    What a chav.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    What a chav.

Clever.

I'm a big Chavanel fan, don't mind tattoos - however this one does ruin Chavas 'look' somewhat.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I don't mind it TBH Frenchie.

As others have said, it's his leg. Perhaps keep your powder dry for something that really irritates you? ;)
  • frenchfighter
    Oh he can do what he wants to his body etc etc. Doesn't stop me thinking it looks terrible!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Oh he can do what he wants to his body etc etc. Doesn't stop me thinking it looks terrible!

Defo, but we are all giving our opinions, aren't we! :D
  • TMR
    Oh he can do what he wants to his body etc etc. Doesn't stop me thinking it looks terrible!

Tattoo aside, I preferred him in the French National Champion's jersey. He looks decidedly ordinary in standard OPQS colours.

Can't believe Nacer Bouhanni (SP?) won. FDJ spinter. Wonder if we'll see him in any of the later Season GTs this year?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I'm guessing Sylvain thought he might fancy a tattoo on his leg, slept on it a bit, made sure it was what he really wanted and then went ahead and did it.

Much like most folk who have tattoos. I dare say it hardly registers on his Acme Give-a-Fuck Scale what we think! :D
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • TMR
    Ben6899 wrote:
    I dare say it hardly registers on his Acme Give-a-Fuck Scale what we think! :D

Quality! :wink:
  • frenchfighter
    Some of you are so damming of people having opinions about what people wear or do. But think about it a moment and see how many's peoples careers are built on them achieving the right opinion from the people and what happens when that goes away.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter

Tattoo aside, I preferred him in the French National Champion's jersey. He looks decidedly ordinary in standard OPQS colours.

Can't believe Nacer Bouhanni (SP?) won. FDJ spinter. Wonder if we'll see him in any of the later Season GTs this year?

Bouhanni is decent. Used to be a boxer.
    tumblr_m64qluyLJG1qacyk6o1_1280.jpg

Yes, Chavanel looks splendid in his colours. I actually bought that kit...before realising I had actually bought Terpstra's! Very similar though.
    e0a1079f77bdbc622485520de358b9c9.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Major Frenchie Fail :wink:
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Hehe. Heard that one in the pub. Made me chuckle.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    I wonder what the sponsors think...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Cyclists and needles eh?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Perhaps he is trying to cover up the onset of the condition commonly known as Hincapie Leg.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I thought he's been wearing knee warmers with a SS jersey again :roll:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    Some of you are so damming of people having opinions about what people wear or do. But think about it a moment and see how many's peoples careers are built on them achieving the right opinion from the people and what happens when that goes away.

Don't think they are so damning but more their opinion on your hypocrisy - Chavanel shows no class for having a tattoo yet you use phrases such a Epic Fail or Major Fail :roll:

I'm all for people having opinions but it can be annoying when those same people consistently demonstrate such hypocrisy - you're still good entertainment though FF and I enjoy your unlimited photo library :wink:
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    What is a 'Major Fail' is those shoes with the kit!
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    phew so glad he didnt copy me. I have a Taz on the side of my right calf... I like the mature stuff :D
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I think it looks a bit strange when riders have sleeves or leg sleeves or whatever they're called. I'm sure he loves it that's the main thing. It's those shoes combined with those socks that looks bloody awful, like when a footballer wears dodgy luminous yellow boots with a red man u kit or something..
  • Cyclists and needles eh?

Deserves a lol! :D
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited January 2013
    Tattoos on paper thin dudes is never that cool, is it.
  • MrT
    MrT Posts: 260
    Can't wait for the racing to get under way.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Quite like it...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    rebs wrote:
    phew so glad he didnt copy me. I have a Taz on the side of my right calf... I like the mature stuff :D

Did you have that pre-1996 or did you copy the one I had done on the right shoulder? :lol:
  • Nick Fitt
    Nick Fitt Posts: 381
    kfinlay wrote:
    What is a 'Major Fail' is those shoes with the kit!

Yup, deffo needs trhe black ones and fast. And those socks are too long imho.

Id like the bike though :mrgreen:
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Nick Fitt wrote:
    Id like the bike though :mrgreen:

If the price is right!! ;)

8369405023_7bd995f9c7_c.jpg

8370470052_dc2f358e2f_c.jpg[/url]
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • Nick Fitt
    Nick Fitt Posts: 381
    ha ha, I cant stretch to that ;-)