Porte Interview - Some Interesting Comments

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited January 2013 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2013/01/the-bike-lane-episode-2/

Some kind words about Contador, some Very kind words about Wiggins, Maybe a bit of a slip up when it came to Froome?

Interview is at about 17:50

Comments

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Don't really think there's anything to read into re froome.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Froome not yet a decent leader - that's the core issue

Which is one of the many reasons why the dimwits crying last year that Sky should be making Froome leader instead halfway through the Tour, was particularly thick-witted...

Well, he's got 6 months to learn to be one IF he's to be the main man in Jul
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Will check the interview out later.

I wonder if this guy will ever get a ride for himself at Sky. I feel a lot of these fellows might think to go to Sky for a good grounding with a decent salary then jump ship when they are ready to be a leader with another team, taking the knowledge with them.

giro_2010_st12_PORTE_2.jpg
    Froome not yet a decent leader - that's the core issue

Which is one of the many reasons why the dimwits crying last year that Sky should be making Froome leader instead halfway through the Tour, was particularly thick-witted...

Agreed.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    He answers that in the interview French....

admittedly with a sort of ahhhhh look, maybe. Oim not sure, probably not at Skoi but then I'm happy at Skoi so....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I like Porte. Like Frenchie, I hope he gets a chance to show what he can really do, think he deserves a real crack at Paris-Nice or Tirreno, think they'd suit him.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Really like Porte, great talent. Sky gave him a GC chance in his first race for them at Algarve last year and he took it. I think he'll be riding for Wiggins in the Giro, no question, they clearly work really well together. May be that he wont get much of a chance for himself till after the Giro. P-N and T-A - cant see Sky doing anything other than have Froome for P-N - Sky absolutely have to put Froome through some big races as leader pre-Jul. Be surprised if Wiggins isnt leader at T-A, but if not would be great if Porte got the shout.

Next year, all being well on the health and performance side I'll put money on him being leader for one of the GTs.

If not, yeah, he probably should move on for 2015 - and OGE will kill for him.