geocaching and riding

richvass
richvass Posts: 68
edited January 2013 in MTB general
Hi All, I discovered geocaching on the web last Sunday and I'm now hooked. What better way to get out on a bike ride and with an objective or two along the way. Add the geocache coordinates into your GPS and off you go. Does this interest you? There are hundreds of caches everywhere!

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Done it before, got bored quickly. A novel idea but i found they were either too easy to find or made hard by simply placing them in stupid places. In my eyes it is better suited to countries that have difficult to access places like big mountains and deserts, snowy expanses etc. The better ones i have seen are ones that require absailing or skiing to reach.

Here most were just scattered around places ive walked or cycled past 100 times.

I do like the idea though.
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    Had a few goes at this a while back but on foot. OK to start with but got a bit tedious after a short while, might have been something to do with my s*it iPhone though :D

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • GT_Dave
    GT_Dave Posts: 161
    Done it before, got bored quickly. A novel idea but i found they were either too easy to find or made hard by simply placing them in stupid places. In my eyes it is better suited to countries that have difficult to access places like big mountains and deserts, snowy expanses etc. The better ones i have seen are ones that require absailing or skiing to reach.

Here most were just scattered around places ive walked or cycled past 100 times.

I do like the idea though.

Ive found its an awesome way to entertain the nippers, we have yet to abseil or ski to any yet though :D