Worst Haircut/Facial Hair in Pro Cycling ??????

2»

Comments

• Some good talk in the commentary at Tirreno, with the Brown Jersey classification for best rider with a beard.

Simon Geshke claimed that prize with ease yesterday
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    Paul 8v wrote:
    This has to have been a criminal offence, surely?

cipollini.jpg
    Yeah but he can get away with it ;-)

I have an irrational dislike of Cipo, but pics like this help make it quite rational.
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    Paul 8v wrote:

Degenkolb's tasche is awful.

It's close between him and Luke Rowe for worst 'tache.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    LutherB wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

cipollini.jpg

I have an irrational dislike of Cipo, but pics like this help make it quite rational.

There is nothing irrational about it at all.

There seems to be this notion that Cipo is irresistible to women. Now, I am happy to admit I am a long, long way from being an oil painting myself, but to be perfectly blunt I wouldn't touch him with the proverbial barge pole. But it's never going to be an issue, I fully realise that. Not only do I not find him attractive, but there's something so utterly repulsive about men that vain... Uggghh...

There, I've said, I've finally said it.

I don't know what the other women on here think...
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    1620436_10152395743574873_1475666951_n.jpg
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Paul 8v wrote:

cipollini.jpg

Degenkolb's tasche is awful. Not sure I like all this hipster beard look at the moment, they look like they should be on fixies with skinny jeans/red trousers

Its not even hipster any more. The old facial hair is so 2013. Even Paxman his ditched his Captain Haddock look.

Chippo has had a few hairstyle shockers though.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Coriander wrote:
    LutherB wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

cipollini.jpg

There is nothing irrational about it at all.

There seems to be this notion that Cipo is irresistible to women. Now, I am happy to admit I am a long, long way from being an oil painting myself, but to be perfectly blunt I wouldn't touch him with the proverbial barge pole. But it's never going to be an issue, I fully realise that. Not only do I not find him attractive, but there's something so utterly repulsive about men that vain... Uggghh...

There, I've said, I've finally said it.

I don't know what the other women on here think...

*APPLAUSE*
    Correlation is not causation.
  • jamie1012
    jamie1012 Posts: 171
    I can't stand mod fashion in general, but especially the hair, so it has to be some of Wiggins' numbers.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

cipollini.jpg

There's a lot wrong with that but the lid isn't one of them.
  • hstiles
    hstiles Posts: 414
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR94s7KhU28gIJKA2jkBuDEj8WUOC8dBjXCy8r6x7dLPgUXXzmKDA

I don't know about worst, but Luca Paolini is officially the coolest looking person in the peleton.

In fact, the only thing that would make him cooler is if he sported a mohawk and rode in red briefs

Zangief-profile.jpg
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I knew he reminded me of someone!
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Lancew wrote:
    1620436_10152395743574873_1475666951_n.jpg

Shocking.

Nah, they are taking the p'iss here? Surely?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Fun fact: It wasn't until the eleventh edition in 1913 that some finally managed to win the Tour de France without a moustache.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Paul 8v
    RichN95 wrote:
    Fun fact: It wasn't until the eleventh edition in 1913 that some finally managed to win the Tour de France without a moustache.
    Haha, like it!

Was that Luke Rowe one for Movember by any chance?
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 414
    Paul 8v wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Haha, like it!

Was that Luke Rowe one for Movember by any chance?

I think he set and foolishly announced a fundraising target which meant he would keep it until January and immortalise it as his 2014 profile pic
  • above_the_cows
    hstiles wrote:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR94s7KhU28gIJKA2jkBuDEj8WUOC8dBjXCy8r6x7dLPgUXXzmKDA

I don't know about worst, but Luca Paolini is officially the coolest looking person in the peloton.

I like Paolini's neck warmer, it has sheep on it. They're upside down here and one of them seems to be so cold its turned blue, I'm a little worried for them, perhaps they think the wolf man might eat them?

bettiniphoto_0166209_1_full_670.jpg
  • He has a beard and a childs buff?

Loss of 50% of beard-earned man points.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 414
    The blue sheep is a wolf..... Is it deep and meaningful, or just a fun buff though
  • Paul 8v
    I like the buff. I never used to see the point in them but they are actually pretty usefull
  • above_the_cows
    andytee87 wrote:
    The blue sheep is a wolf..... Is it deep and meaningful, or just a fun buff though

A wolf? Answering the all important questions there Andy, thank you. I wondered why he had a funny tuft on his head.

I'd like to think it was deep and meaningful, Paolini is the wolf, hunting down the sheep of the peloton, but I think it might just be a fun Buff.

Personally I like it. Shows character. Imagine a Sky rider with a fun Buff. :shock:
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    I like the buff. I never used to see the point in them but they are actually pretty usefull

Simoni used to have one, therefore they are awesome. But he never used it to warm up his bearded chops.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Paul 8v
    I would have thought a beard negated the need for a buff!

Must be for aero purposes :-)