Shane Sutton leaving Sky

Froomes Edgar
Froomes Edgar Posts: 359
edited January 2013 in Pro race
You heard it here first.

Comments

• nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Good story. I like the way you referenced your sources and included actual information in your post. A+
  • Its so hot (off the press) it doesn't need sauce
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    I have on good authority that he was offered Movies and Sport half price for 6 months so decided to keep his subscription....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    In all seriousness, he has taken a lesser role at Sky.

It's not quite wanting to spend more time with his family but more of a consultant role.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Its so hot (off the press) it doesn't need sauce
    Are you "Insideinfo" in disguise?

But that's a shame for sky if it is true
  • This has been bubbling around for a couple of days. His profile on Sky's website refers to him taking a modified role.

I think he's just going to work with Wiggo - but to be honest, he's never been a coach/race coach for any other rider on the team, and he doesnt DS. He's only been in the car on relatively rare occasions. Even at the Tour last year he only joined the team for the final weekend and for the first TT. He was at the Worlds but he wasnt at the Giro or the Vuelta, or the Classics.

Shane's primary focus has always been the GB track team - although he's clearly a major figure in the overall management team when it comes to big decisions e.g. Tour team selection.

If anyone wants to raise eyebrows, well, he's still not fully 100% from his accident and Sky can just point to that as a reason for any modification or lessening of his role.
  • This has been bubbling around for a couple of days. His profile on Sky's website refers to him taking a modified role.

I think he's just going to work with Wiggo - but to be honest, he's never been a coach/race coach for any other rider on the team, and he doesnt DS. He's only been in the car on relatively rare occasions. Even at the Tour last year he only joined the team for the final weekend and for the first TT. He was at the Worlds but he wasnt at the Giro or the Vuelta, or the Classics.

Shane's primary focus has always been the GB track team - although he's clearly a major figure in the overall management team when it comes to big decisions e.g. Tour team selection.

If anyone wants to raise eyebrows, well, he's still not fully 100% from his accident and Sky can just point to that as a reason for any modification or lessening of his role.

True.

Brailsford had always intended to step back from BC after London but must have changed his mind. Shane is better suited running the track program. Brailsford can take the pro team down with him when he goes.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    If anyone wants to raise eyebrows.

Has he signed the "I'm a good guy" pledge?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • If anyone wants to raise eyebrows.

Has he signed the "I'm a good guy" pledge?

Apparently so
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    It isn't related to allegations made by a rider elsewhere on the internet over the past year?
  • He only really looks after Brad. Dave B tried to marginalise him after Beijing if you remember, he'll be back.