What have you done that is silly today

Lefire
Lefire Posts: 89
edited February 2013 in The cake stop
Up first thing for a go on the turbo.
Couldn't have been too awake as only realised when i finished that I had put my bib shorts on inside out.
DOH !

Comments

• Eating a steak & ale pudding with mash straight after coming in for a ride ;)
  • I thought a trip to the park with my 2 year old would be great if we fed the ducks there too. I handed him the bag of bread that I'd carefully pre-torn-up and told him to throw the bread to the ducks...kids take things litteraly. In the whole bag goes.

Next time we are at that park I'm expecting to see one fat drowned duck floating around the lake in a hovis bag.
  • Lefire
    Lefire Posts: 89
    Lycra-Byka wrote:
    I thought a trip to the park with my 2 year old would be great if we fed the ducks there too. I handed him the bag of bread that I'd carefully pre-torn-up and told him to throw the bread to the ducks...kids take things litteraly. In the whole bag goes.

Next time we are at that park I'm expecting to see one fat drowned duck floating around the lake in a hovis bag.

Love it.
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Agreed for the wife to go out with a friend. She left at 12 and as she was leaving said to our sons "Mummy will see you in the morning" she then just smiled at me and walked out laughing. I got done a kipper, I didn't check, apparently they're doing a spa day afternoon and evening meal.

To be fair though she let me on the turbo this morning and I got garage time yesterday/
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    Read the sunday paper online although I order it each week and pay 5€ for it in the newsagent every monday
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Lefire wrote:
    Couldn't have been too awake as only realised when i finished that I had put my bib shorts on inside out.
    DOH !

oooh unnecessary mangina image alert! :shock:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Lefire wrote:
    DOH !

I've done this, but went for a road ride :roll:
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Club run on Sunday, with a cake stop half way. Sat waiting for my tea and take a gulp out of my bottle and put it back on the table. The bloke on my left subtly grabs the bottle and starts wiping the spout with his fingers, 'Cheeky bastard he's going to drink out of my bottle', I thought. No, he just puts it back on the table and doesn't say a word. Wasn't until I put my cap under my chair that I realised my bottle was already there. We both had the same Camelbak bottle and I took a gulp out of his. :oops:
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • lateralus
    lateralus Posts: 309
    Left my house keys at the office last night. 3 commutes for the price of one...
  • lateralus wrote:
    Left my house keys at the office last night. 3 commutes for the price of one...

Did similar thing over the New Year ........ but my sister in law lives 42 miles away. Luckily (or unluckily really) I could stay there and not do 126 miles in a day after murdering myself on the first 42 miles. :roll:
  • Got out of bed!!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Not really me, but I'd say this is pretty silly. Apologies if too much information.
    I had to pay a visit to the smallest room at work earlier. Once I'd settled down to business I realised that whoever was in the next cubicle was breathing like Darth Vader. After a short while this developed into full on snoring as the bloke was obviously sound asleep. There was then a spectacularly loud eruption on my part, followed by an almighty clattering sound next door. I'd woken my neighbour, who was so startled I think he fell off the throne. I was then sat there trying to stifle my laughter.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Well - it wasn't today but it definitely counts as silly

http://youtu.be/VQNwTkZJMiw

5 mins in for the really stupid bit.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Took top off carton of orange juice. Toast popped up in toaster. Returned to orange juice and shook it up to mix bits. Redecorated kitchen walls, cupboards, work tops the lot. Wife is not amused.
    Light bike, fat rider.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Left the keys to a million dollar car on the driver seat, returned 2 hours later and car was still their but could have been completely different :(
    Living MY dream.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Got given a lift to hospital for a physio appointment by my wife, forgot to give her the house keys. She gets home, discovers she doesn't have them and has to come back to the hospital carrying our baby boy in the car seat - heavy! Then, walking out of hospital, slip on some ice and end up spending most of the day in bed with the same leg that underwent treatment this morning.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Well - it wasn't today but it definitely counts as silly

Haha. Holier-than-thou "...you can always get through on a bike."
    Like the look over the shoulder at the cops as if they were going to actually run after you or arrest you for cycling through a wee puddle.
    You tw4t (I mean that in the nicest way).

Squeeky bottom bracket time. See, wots you need is extra weight, then you cycle along the bottom :wink:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Well - it wasn't today but it definitely counts as silly

Haha. Holier-than-thou "...you can always get through on a bike."
    Like the look over the shoulder at the cops as if they were going to actually run after you or arrest you for cycling through a wee puddle.
    You tw4t (I mean that in the nicest way).

Squeeky bottom bracket time. See, wots you need is extra weight, then you cycle along the bottom :wink:

The look was to make sure I wasn't being watched :lol: The Police (and the Fire / Rescue lot) were badgering me TO go through. They'd had the ITN news crew there a few minutes earlier and I waited until they left. I didn't fancy being on the news if I fell in!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Putting some junk in the attic & banged my head on a beam. Not to painful until I realised I had also knocked the bloody wooden hatch down and it has no handles on the inside. Not too bad a wait for 30 minutes for the other half to come home and rescue me.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Bought a mountain bike...a Trek mountain bike...with Shimano on it.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Bought a mountain bike...a Trek mountain bike...with Shimano on it.

The great divide just got even wider. :(
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Tried to win an argument with the wife.
  • Tried to win an argument with the wife.

You muppet.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Tried to win an argument with the wife.

You muppet.

I know, what was I thinking?