TIME...

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited January 2013 in The cake stop
I was sitting outside a cafe this morning when a chap comes out of the door to an apartment block dressed to ride, bib tights straining to get going (I am being polite, just mean he was a bit chunky) pushing his bike.

He walks across the pavement and leans his bike against a palm tree and goes into the cafe for a pre ride cake stop, he choses to sit inside to eat his cake and drink his coffee, strangely deciding to keep his helmet on.

OK he is able to see his bike from his table but it is about 50 metres away, and he is wearing road shoes, the pavement is cobbled.

I went over to look at the bike it was a TIME full carbon dura ace Di2 fulcrum zero wheeled beasty with the Garmin still attached. I guessed eight grand?

My question is... how fast do you think he could run?
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Maybe he was Usain Bolt's dad?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    I bet he could run quicker than a BMW Isetta with a bike strapped to the roof and you in it driving hell for leather.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • What does he care more about the cake or bike do you think. He'd be faced with tough decisions I think.
  • Cake. No contest.
  • team47b
    I guess my post was more about trust.

On the next table to me a woman was about to sit down with a cake and coffee when a car horn sounded from down the road, to let her know that the person she had double parked next to wanted to leave now.

She got up, placed her purse inside her handbag then put her bag down on the table before walking the 100 metres to her car. She moved her car back to allow the car to leave and then got out of her car (interestingly didn't bother to park in the vacated space but chose to double park next to another car) and returned to her table for her cake and coffee.

Still leaving the keys in the ignition.

It's nice to think that you can do that.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    All the thieves in Portugal have moved to London & Spain?
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    TBH things are pretty similar overhere. I haven't locked my bike up since I moved to the Island 5 years ago. Then again the market for 64 cm road bikes over here is pretty small.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Can you be this trusting in Oldham?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Sounds like Portugal is quite a safe crime free place to live

unless you're a 4 year old girl
  • team47b
    Sounds like Portugal is quite a safe crime free place to live

unless you're a 4 year old girl

:D

you can leave your bike/handbag/car unattended and when you go back it's still there...see your point! :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    It was like that in the North of Sweden - motorboats/cars with keys left in the ignition. No-one locking their front doors. Garages left wide open. All changing now as the immigrant population is responsible for 98% of the crime and 95% of all HIV cases. Pity. No wonder there is a right wing backlash in Scandinavia. (I am not including that tw4t Brejvik in that statement).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    All the thieves in Portugal have moved to London & Spain?

The chief protagonist thief in Portugal is still trying to devise an inconspicuous method of making room in his sports holdall.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/