Wheelbuilder in Kingston, Richmond, Wimbledon Area

sketchley
sketchley Posts: 4,238
edited January 2013 in Commuting chat
Could someone please recommend an lbs in the area above with a good wheelbuilder? As much as a bloke Harry he's in ramsgate so need someone local.
--
Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5

Comments

• lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    Don't think he's part of an LBS at all, but ugo.santalucia off of here built me a new commuting wheelset last year which I'm very happy with - he's also made sets for iPete and a couple of others on the forum.

Would recommend at least getting in touch with him to see if he can help. He's Richmond based (or was last summer!).
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    The guy in Southfields fixed up a wheel for me last year. I'd guess he builds them too.
    http://www.cycleworx.co.uk/
    exercise.png
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    Second vote for Paolo (ugo.santalucia)
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Third vote for ugo..
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Velosport in Putney built my commuting wheelset. So far I'm very happy with them but I've also managed to avoid hitting any large holes too, so they've not had a massive test yet.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    4th vote for Ugo - he's built single speed, cyclo cross, winter wheels and carbon tubs for me and they've all been great. He is Richmond based, very friendly and will give decent advice.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    PM sent to ugo.santalucia thanks everyone.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • mroli wrote:
    4th vote for Ugo - he's built single speed, cyclo cross, winter wheels and carbon tubs for me and they've all been great. He is Richmond based, very friendly and will give decent advice.

I'll add a 5th vote to that!

Great value, lovely wheels, excellent after care service.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    6th vote for Paolo.

He also sent my riding buddy a set of bearings for his front wheel that my mate got from wheelsmith, he wouldn't take any money.

My open pro's he built have been fantastic.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    This thread reminds me that I need to send him the kit to build a front wheel for my fixed with a disc notion.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • mroli wrote:

I still have your damn cross wheels... and there is no longer a Christmas tree to put them under... :mrgreen:
    left the forum March 2023