Reverbs...

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited January 2013 in MTB buying advice
Righty then, ordering a reverb for the new frame that will be coming soon. Decided on 125mm drop, 420mm length in the right diameter obviously. But, left or right hand lever?

Does the lever sit below or above the bars? I'm wanting it on the left but would rather have it below the bars if possible.

If it does sit above the bars I'm guessing it's possible to just buy the right hand side lever, then mount it under on the left? Anyone know for sure before I part with the old loan...

Comments

• RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    They are designed to sit above the bar, if you want it below just go for the opposite side.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Both of mine are right hand remotes, mounted upside down on the left and work really well, doesnt sync perfectly with Xt brakes mind, had to move them over a fair bit, but other than that no issues what so ever :)
  • angry_bird
    Great, cheers guys. Just figured they're a bit more protected underneath, RH lever it is then. Better get ordering, just a shame the loan didn't come in while CRC and On-One were doing stupidly low prices :lol:
  • lawman
    they're very fragile on top of the bars, I've seen a few broken ones. much better protected under the bar.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    lawman wrote:
    they're very fragile on top of the bars, I've seen a few broken ones. much better protected under the bar.

I got a solution to that problem.... dont crash.
  • lawman
    Briggo wrote:
    lawman wrote:

How about when you flip the bike upside down to fix a puncture or do any maintenance? It's not just crashes, t'is a flaw if you run a front shifter, but for 1x systems the remote is the best around.
  • angry_bird
    Well I've ordered it, RH lever so it can go under the LHS, given there's fuck all there except a brake. Got it for £179, the cheapest I could find it, from some of them German folk.
  • Briggo
    lawman wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    lawman wrote:

How about when you flip the bike upside down to fix a puncture or do any maintenance? It's not just crashes, t'is a flaw if you run a front shifter, but for 1x systems the remote is the best around.

Got another solution, don't get a puncture and use a stand for maintenance.
  • lawman
    Briggo wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    lawman wrote:

Highly unlikely unless you ride like a girl or use tubeless and be my guest to carry a workstand round the trails with you...
  • Briggo
    lawman wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    lawman wrote:

Highly unlikely unless you ride like a girl or use tubeless and be my guest to carry a workstand round the trails with you...

I got a solution for that, get someone else to carry the stand.