Hydration Drinks

Jahmoo
Jahmoo Posts: 168
edited January 2013 in Road beginners
Hi Peeps,

I am looking for a Hydration Drink that does not have any sweeteners added to ingredients, is there such a drink?

Jahmoo :)

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Water ?

That's the best hydration drink you can get.
    Unless you meant energy drink ?
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    Sorry but you aren't allowed to claim that water is good for hydration, the EU says so :Dhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ation.html.

Before anyone starts, and I'm far from being a crazy Europhobe but this is pretty silly stuff.
  • fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    What about the zero drinks tablets they what your after? :?:
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    lotus49 wrote:
    Sorry but you aren't allowed to claim that water is good for hydration, the EU says so :Dhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ation.html.

Before anyone starts, and I'm far from being a crazy Europhobe but this is pretty silly stuff.
    Gees,are these people real ffs.Nutters.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • High5 Zero Tablets

These will replace some of the minerals lost through sweat.

These don't contain any calories if you are looking to lose weight?

Wild berry is my favourite flavour :)
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Water is absolutely fine unless its very hot and you're sweating a lot. In which case electrolyte drinks make sense so you don't dilute salts, etc too much. I've a tube of 12 tablets, I've yet to open it for cycling in the UK.....
  • Used to use water but had a tendency to cramp up in calves after a couple of hours. Now use High5 zero (1.5 tabs in 750ml water), problem solved. If I could get away with just drinking water I would.
  • High5 Zero Tablets

These will replace some of the minerals lost through sweat.

These don't contain any calories if you are looking to lose weight?

Wild berry is my favourite flavour :)

I second this - find them pretty good. Taste ok, no calories, and contain minerals / salts needed etc.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    High 5 zero tabs have 1.5 calories per 100ml
  • benkxk
    benkxk Posts: 151
    I used to use the High5 Zero tablets but lately I haven't had them so i've been having orange squash, a pinch of salt and water and it works surprisingly well
  • Used to use water but had a tendency to cramp up in calves after a couple of hours. Now use High5 zero (1.5 tabs in 750ml water), problem solved. If I could get away with just drinking water I would.

Exactly the same thing for me, on a long ride high 5 helps with cramps for me, not so much during the ride, but immediately upon stopping. Take 1 tab in 550ml bottle.
  • Jahmoo
    Jahmoo Posts: 168
    Hi Peeps,

High5 it is then, I will give it a go. Yes water is great for hydration, but as mentioned sweat needs a bit more than just water. I warm up quite a bit, so sweat a lot. I will give it a go.

Cheers :)
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    There's no need for the tabs in the uk in winter. I sweat buckets and teach spin classes every week and I just go with water. Your diet replaces the salts and minerals perfectly well.

I only bother with tabs when I'm racing in hot climates.