Do You Shave!!!

Jahmoo
Jahmoo Posts: 168
edited January 2013 in Road beginners
Hi Peeps,

Started to ride a bit further and more often, found I was uncomfy on the seat, but today went 22mls and found that it might be time to shave my bits.

What do others do or use if anything???

Sorry :)

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Smear hair removal cream on your bits and the missus will appreciate the results.
  • Jahmoo
    SM - really do not appreciate being called a Troll, specially when I am asking a valid question, or is it not a valid question?

Jah...
  • Jahmoo
    Smear hair removal cream on your bits and the missus will appreciate the results.

Made that kind of mistake with deep heat on the inside of my legs, never again ;)
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Jahmoo wrote:

Made that kind of mistake with deep heat on the inside of my legs, never again ;)

read the reviews here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veet-Men-Hair-Removal-Creme/dp/B000KKNQBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357411791&sr=8-1 :mrgreen:
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    Jahmoo wrote:
    SM - really do not appreciate being called a Troll, specially when I am asking a valid question, or is it not a valid question?

Jah...

Don't worry about it. Simon is not one of the ill-mannered members of BikeRadar (sadly there are plenty) and sometimes people do troll. I am sure he didn't mean to be rude.

It's obviously common practice for roadies to shave their legs but I confess I had never heard of anyone shaving anywhere else (for cycling purposes at least). I shall be interested to see whether anyone does.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    John Bishop was on telly the other day and recounted a tale of being advised (and having) the sack and crack treatment prior to his fund raising cycle, row, marathon. He was told it would help to reduce friction and thus help prevent soreness.

So it is certainly not unheard of as a practice in sport.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Back, crack & sack waxed once a month
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Legs, bum and chest waxed every 6 to 7 weeks. Back doesn't need it. My beautician won't do sack and crack but I would if she did. Do use veet for sensitive bits when I can be bothered.

Not a clue if it helps my cycling at all. Just don't like body hair...
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Back, crack & sack waxed once a month

Ouch! That sounds painful. Is it?
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    As above,back sack and crack as and when.Nothing to do with cycling,just mrs prefers it.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Might I respectfully suggest....

TOO MUCH BLOODY INFORMATION

:shock:
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Are you already using chamois cream?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,629
    Some of those reviews are brilliant :lol: I'm sure the same guy wrote the first few.

5 stars for removing hair but you won't be able to do much with your scorched man bits for a while :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Jahmoo wrote:

Jah...

I apologise if that was taken too seriously (and many thanks for the kind word Lotus49). This just looked like a wind-up to me; we get enough of them around here...

The short answer though is that you shouldn't need to do it (and I'm pretty sure there are sound medical reasons not to), I'm not aware of it being a widespread practice among cyclists, and I have never once felt the inclination to do it myself. Shaving legs is common, but that has more to do with making them easy to patch up!
  • Jahmoo
    Jahmoo wrote:

read the reviews here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veet-Men-Hair-Removal-Creme/dp/B000KKNQBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357411791&sr=8-1 :mrgreen:

These reviews had me in tears of laughter :lol: Thanks for that, may try applying chafing cream first. Thanks for all the comments......No hassles SM, all good :wink: