London Bike Show

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,767
edited January 2013 in Commuting chat
Any ideas what it's like? I seem to recall somebody saying it wasn't very good last year. I was thinking of going to check things out before my next purchase. One of the bikes I wanted to see was the Cotic X and it looks like Cotic aren't exhibiting. Is it still worth going?

Comments

• YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    I went to the Birmingham equivalent. It's great for browsing/window-shopping a load of bikes and bits, just don't expect to buy any bargains. It will kill a good two or three hours, nothing more, in my experience.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    I'm going on the saturday. Want to talk to some wheelbuilders who will be there so while I dont expect particular bargains, its close(ish) to home and it means I don't have to go to the shops.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • I'm going on the 19th. No idea what to expect, but I figure it's worth a look.

And I expect a Cycle to Work voucher to arrive in the next week or so, so it may be good timing. :)
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I might be racing there on the Saturday. Registered for a place but can't remember whether they confirmed or not.
  • veronese68
    I might venture up with my son on the Saturday. Let me know if/when you're racing Mat and I'll cheer you on if I can tell which one is you.
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    I am going partly because i want to have a look at the Ribble bikes and they apparently will have some offers available.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I might venture up with my son on the Saturday. Let me know if/when you're racing Mat and I'll cheer you on if I can tell which one is you.

Its the 3rd cat race at 5pm. Warm up for the Elites racing at 6. I think I'm in - thought they were going to do a selection from all the entrants, but only thing I've had is a response to my initial registration which confirms I have a place - odd. I'd quite like to get out of it to be honest - I'm kind of meant to be looking after the kids, and I'm in terrible post-Christmas form...
  • veronese68
    BigMat wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Its the 3rd cat race at 5pm. Warm up for the Elites racing at 6. I think I'm in - thought they were going to do a selection from all the entrants, but only thing I've had is a response to my initial registration which confirms I have a place - odd. I'd quite like to get out of it to be honest - I'm kind of meant to be looking after the kids, and I'm in terrible post-Christmas form...
    They sound like the kind of excuses proffered in the SCR thread. :wink: