Exustar "Look compatible pedals"

fsd61b
fsd61b Posts: 109
edited January 2013 in Road buying advice
Hello, has anyone had any experience of these pedals?
I have bought a new road bike (2nd hand) and it has Look pedals circa 2005 same as bike. I would like to change my existing winter bike to the same type so I don't need separate cleats or shoes and saw the above advertised,new,for £20.00 including cleats.
Alternative is buy 2 pairs of same type ,105's etc. Ideally I'd have Campagnolo pedals on my new bike to match grupo but no chance of that!

Comments

• mjbennett
    mjbennett Posts: 532
    You get what you pay for with these pedals. Yes your cleats will fit but they bearings are far from smooth.
  • fsd61b
    Cheers mjbennett, thought it may be too good to be true.
  • I use these as a sacrificial winter pedal on my fixie and they are fine IMO.
  • I use them, Have had no problem..
    There light and do what they are suppose to..

For £20 there good value for money.

B
  • fsd61b
    If they last a year for the £20 I'll be happy ,especially as 1- I don't have any money after buying the bike and 2- I need cleats anyway and they seem to be about £12 on their own. I was just worried in case there was a risk of them snapping off ,causing me shitloads of pain and inconvenience (but mostly the pain part).
    Thanks all
  • Mine have been on for ~2000 miles, and still has smooth bearings. Plastic doesn't seem to have worn much either.
  • fsd61b
    yeachan153 wrote:
    Mine have been on for ~2000 miles, and still has smooth bearings. Plastic doesn't seem to have worn much either.
    Nice one ,that will do for me.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    I use them, Have had no problem..
    There light and do what they are suppose to..

For £20 there good value for money.

B
    +1
    I've got the white ones and they're cheap, really light for the money, and the bearing need to break in then they're pretty smooth. We'll see how long that lasts.

The white do get really dirty quickly and without a SS cleat plate, and using the 9 degree cleats, I would bet all the friction will wear them out faster than a pedal with a metal cleat plate. But that's yet to happen...
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Had a set for 2 years, been brilliant, as opposed to a set of Look Keo's I had, bearings went in about 6 months
  • Just to add.. Here's a small vid i made of the get what you pay for pedals :D ... Close to 4000miles last year, Ridden over the cobbles of roubaix too.. Im not a light guy either at 14st.. No special attention to them just normal cleaning...
    Ill be buying another set when needed.. They are smooth enough for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgO7o2YbCm0&feature=youtu.be
  • fsd61b
    Just to add.. Here's a small vid i made of the get what you pay for pedals :D ... Close to 4000miles last year, Ridden over the cobbles of roubaix too.. Im not a light guy either at 14st.. No special attention to them just normal cleaning...
    Ill be buying another set when needed.. They are smooth enough for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgO7o2YbCm0&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for that,4000 miles is about my yearly milage and 14st too.
    Not sure it's a genre of film making that will catch on though, may start a trend among art students mind "pedal noire" (in french accent)!