Bucharest

Yossie
Yossie Posts: 2,600
edited January 2013 in The bottom bracket
Morning all, serious one here and advice needed please.

The delicious Victoria and I are headed to Bucharest for a few days in a few weeks: bit of a major anniversary coupled with a bit of a holiday.

We're into a bit of culture, good food 'n' wine and chilling out, so not too bad.

Has anyone been there/lived there and recommend places to eat/see/do? I'll be heading around the 'net doing some planning but actual recommenations would be very gratefully received (good things and things to avoid all welcome!)

Advice on the moribund (ie transport around the city etc) is also very welcome.

Thank you very much in advance

Y

Comments

• Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Enjoy your trip - I went there ages ago and went to the restaurant in Caucescus palace which was very good.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Have a good time with Queen V but don't be the man who put Arrest in Bucharest
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Bucharest, you tight git. I can recommend you a cheap 3 star hotel in Bucharest - you can see two stars through the roof. Next year Skegness for the lovely V ?

121245.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Bucharest, you tight git. I can recommend you a cheap 3 star hotel in Bucharest - you can see two stars through the roof. Next year Skegness for the lovely V ?

121245.jpg

It's part of a bigger thing and we're getting paid to go due to respective works , so may as well go a few days early and make a trip of it - top banana all round :) Its meant to be a really nice place and we've never been, so hopefully it'll be a winner.

Thank you for nice words so far guys! Any other recommendations gratefully accepted.