Campagnole jerset sizing

bluedog99
bluedog99 Posts: 183
edited January 2013 in Road general
Hi, could anybody give me information about Campg jersey sizing. I am looking to buy a Gironde long sleeve of the web and not sure which size to order. I tried a Gore long sleeve jersey on at Evans Manchester a few weks ago and large was ok. Are the campag range a smaller fit as i`ve heard Italian made jerseys are smaller. Thanks for any information, cheers.
Rourke 853 Team Pro Custom.

Comments

• GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    I have a Campag Thermo Textran jacket in Large. I'm a 38" chest, 5' 9" and about 77kgs at minute (Xmas weight :oops: )and it's snug, italian snug, but not restrictive. The Medium was too tight.

EDIT: My previous jacket was an old Gore Windstopper number. Not sure of the 'model' but in any case it was a Medium. Perfect fit less for sleeves which, once on the bike, became too short by an inch or so.
  • bluedog99
    Thanks for that, i will check the sizes again and get th missus to measure my chest with a base layer on, and go from there. Cheers.
  • Careca
    Careca Posts: 95
    I have a Heritage jersey in size small and it's a very relaxed fit, almost baggy, so not as small as say a Santini. Not sure if the Heritage range was designed for the larger gentleman. Too big for my liking!

If you're buying from a decent mail order place, with free returns, get both sizes and choose what's best.
  • bluedog99
    Careca wrote:
    I have a Heritage jersey in size small and it's a very relaxed fit, almost baggy, so not as small as say a Santini. Not sure if the Heritage range was designed for the larger gentleman. Too big for my liking!

If you're buying from a decent mail order place, with free returns, get both sizes and choose what's best.
    Never thought of that. Sounds like a good idea, cheers.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Had my Gironde delivered today..it's an XL and fits well and I'm 38/40 chest. My Gore/Mavic kit is L and some stuff I buy is in medium :? You need to go a size or even two up with Campag. Trouble is there are two variables with bike kit which is the manufacturers own take on what is medium, large etc and also what they interept as relaxed or race fit, they don't make it easy :roll:
  • I am 5ft 9in,74kg.I have a Large Campag long sleeve jersey,it is a snug fit.