Giro Aeon

vino2012
vino2012 Posts: 114
edited January 2013 in The cake stop
CRC doing this helmet now at £71.99. Just a heads up, big discount.

Comments

• turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    cheers for that !
    didnt need one but for the money can't tern it down :-)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    turnerjohn wrote:
    cheers for that !

If you can't tern it down, you must be a bit Gullible.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
    I bought my Aeon for about £70 last year from Planet X when they had an offer. Best helmet I've ever used and a lot better then the Ionos that it replaced.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn wrote:
    cheers for that !

If you can't tern it down, you must be a bit Gullible.

:evil: typed that a little to quick !
  • turnerjohn
    rozzer32 wrote:
    I bought my Aeon for about £70 last year from Planet X when they had an offer. Best helmet I've ever used and a lot better then the Ionos that it replaced.

prob a different debat but looks wise don't you think the Ionos is a more agressive style ? feels better made as well ! Have heard Aeon fits better tho ? Be keeping mine and the Aeon for seconds !
  • rozzer32
    turnerjohn wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:

prob a different debat but looks wise don't you think the Ionos is a more agressive style ? feels better made as well ! Have heard Aeon fits better tho ? Be keeping mine and the Aeon for seconds !

I felt the Aeon was better made. It's a fair chunk lighter. But the fit on the Aeon is a lot better than the Ionos. You don't even know you're wearing the Aeon. But then that's just my head.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    turnerjohn wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:

Ionos weighs a ton though. I'm pretty sure that under the layer of styrene is a concrete shell. Not much lighter than my old £50 Giro Havoc.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • vino2012
    vino2012 Posts: 114
    If I bought three extra at £71.99, do you think once the stock had gone i could make profit on ebay? Already bought two
  • Aeon 222g ?

Prolight 178g :wink: (if you can find one).....

Great price from CRC.
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    hmmm... decisions.. Giro, specialized or Kask!? How am I supposed to decide!
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Always check the date of manufacture on a helmet. They do degrade with time. You could think you are getting a bargin and find out the helmet is 3 or 4 years old.
  • rozzer32
    Always check the date of manufacture on a helmet. They do degrade with time. You could think you are getting a bargin and find out the helmet is 3 or 4 years old.

They only brought out the Aeon at the start of 2012 if I remember correctly. Probably wrong though.
  • smoggysteve
    Where does it age compared to the Atmos? I have one of them and thats got 2011 dated in mine.
  • rozzer32
    The Aeon replaced the Ionos I think as on the Giro website they now only list the Aeon and Atmos.

90% sure the Aeon only got released a year or so ago.
  • smoggysteve
    Just looking on ebay (Germany) prices for them are around 120 30 euros so think you could shift em at a profit if thats your plan
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Checked the crash replacement policy earlier and the CRC price is cheaper than the crash replacement price!
  • turnerjohn
    Rolf F wrote:
    turnerjohn wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:

Ionos weighs a ton though. I'm pretty sure that under the layer of styrene is a concrete shell. Not much lighter than my old £50 Giro Havoc.

Granted it weights a little more but I don't notice the difference and would count a little extra protection over weight anyday ! Giro had to rejig the ProLight as it didn't meet USA standards. Ionos feels tougher and I think comparing the two looks better made and better thought out...under the front lip for example where they cover the styrene for long term life and the carbon makes it far better looking and agressive...Aeon is like a Porsche and an ionos a Ferrari IMHO !
    Oh and as far as I knew helmets degrade in UV light so the longer their left out in the light the faster they degrade...you need to leave them in the sun for a fair bit...not in this country !!
  • smoggysteve
    turnerjohn wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    turnerjohn wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:

Granted it weights a little more but I don't notice the difference and would count a little extra protection over weight anyday ! Giro had to rejig the ProLight as it didn't meet USA standards. Ionos feels tougher and I think comparing the two looks better made and better thought out...under the front lip for example where they cover the styrene for long term life and the carbon makes it far better looking and agressive...Aeon is like a Porsche and an ionos a Ferrari IMHO !
    Oh and as far as I knew helmets degrade in UV light so the longer their left out in the light the faster they degrade...you need to leave them in the sun for a fair bit...not in this country !!

Do you mean by that, the Porsche may not be as a exciting as a Ferrari but at least its more RELIABLE