Just got new bike

Whufcrule
Whufcrule Posts: 131
edited January 2013 in Road beginners
Alright lads my new bike turned up today I set it all up I think feels pretty good only one slight problem well it might not be a problem I put it on the turbo trainer to get all me heights set up and it left alot off rubber on the turbo trainer wheel is this normal?? My mtb didn't or is it cos tires not pumped up enough??

Comments

• Whufcrule
    Also my old mtb was a medium which I know it was to small for me but got it so cheap so when I got my road bike I ordered a large the handle bars seem so far away but then I'm not in any way used to road bike so I'm putting it down to that??
  • lc1981
    lc1981 Posts: 820
    Whufcrule wrote:
    Also my old mtb was a medium which I know it was to small for me but got it so cheap so when I got my road bike I ordered a large the handle bars seem so far away but then I'm not in any way used to road bike so I'm putting it down to that??

There's no way for anyone to be able to sensibly comment on this without know the size of the bike (in cm, since what constitutes small, medium and large varies between brands) and the size of you.
  • Whufcrule
    I'm 6ft 1 16 half stone 32 inch legs and large frame size is 55cm what about the rubber on the turbo trainer??
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Your sizing sounds about right so put it down to be not used to the geometry of a road bike.

The turbo issue is probably down to it being a brand new tyre but they can wear through soft compound tyres quickly.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...