I've narrowed the massive field down to the following:

CUBE AIM 2013
https://twelve50bikes.com/shop/MTB-Hardtail/400

Saracen Mantra 2013
https://twelve50bikes.com/shop/MTB-Hardtail/836

Genesis Core 26.2 2012
https://twelve50bikes.com/shop/MTB-Hardtail/276

Voodoo Hoodoo
http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/review-voodoo-hoodoo-12-46194

I would invite people to help me from this point on. WHICH SHOULD I PLUMP FOR!!!?????

Comments

• MTBUK
    MTBUK Posts: 146
    You wont get any helpful advice from the other petty forum people, without links to full spec as they're too lazy to Google..... but i'd recommend the Hoodoo... I've been put off halfords brands in the past, because of ill trained staff. and bad service in the various shops ive used.... but a friend of mine has just started and i took it for a thrash... pretty solid for general trails......
    Orange 5 Pro 650b 2014
    Orange Crush 650b 2014
  • Cheers, I was tempted with the Voodoo from the start but thought I'd look around.

The Genesis has great spec but I cant find a review anywhere. Good forks though.

Cheers for your help!!
  • MTBUK
    MTBUK Posts: 146
    In my experience..... and im open to debate.... (I think Supersonic is a forks expert to talk too) the forks on the Voodoo are superior and smoother.......
    Orange 5 Pro 650b 2014
    Orange Crush 650b 2014
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    MTBUK wrote:
    You wont get any helpful advice from the other petty forum people, without links to full spec as they're too lazy to Google.....

lol

Hoodoo
  • MTBUK wrote:
    You wont get any helpful advice from the other petty forum people, without links to full spec as they're too lazy to Google.....

lol

Hoodoo

Ah pesky.... you must be one of the petty forum people. I bow to your superior biking knowledge and wit. Now please sod off back to cbeebies while someone else tries to help me.
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Have you looked at the rockrider 8.1? It would be more XC orientated to the hoodoo. But at that price, those would be the only 2 i'd choose from spec wise, unless you want to have a look at the radon bikes on bike-discount.de
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Agreed, Hoodoo or RR depending on intended usage and your riding style.....almost anything else is an expensive copy or substandard!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Out of those I'd put the Genesis at the top. The Raidon on the Hoodoo is good, but not as smooth or well controlled as the Rockshox fork. But you lose out on air adjustment.
  • Thats good supersonic because I just got one for £400. Reduced from £699. The Genesis that is.
  • The Rookie
    MTBUK wrote:
    You wont get any helpful advice from the other petty forum people, without links to full spec as they're too lazy to Google..... .
    More critically we don't know if what model year bike someone is looking at or the exact price it's being offered at, in this case the genesis for £400 would have been a shoo in......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Last one left at the shop, on offer at £468 then a bit of sly negotiation. Winner. Felt most comfortable of all the bikes recmmended by the guy in the shop as well.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    supertask wrote:
    Ah pesky.... you must be one of the petty forum people. I bow to your superior biking knowledge and wit. Now please sod off back to cbeebies while someone else tries to help me.
    What? I was laughing at:
    MTBUK wrote:
    Just sounded really angry. I think the reason people ask for a link to spec is for the bike model and the year, as well as the spec.
  • Have a look at the carrera kraken aswell lot of kit for the money £430 I think
    carrera kraken
  • The Rookie
    Have a look at the thread, he's bought a bike.... ;-)
  • The core is a great frame I have ridden DH tracks and its still sweet. Iv upgraded most parts but the frame is brilliant good choice.
    Genesis Core 30 2011
    BMC Trailfox TF02 2011