Lever Hoods

2013biker
2013biker Posts: 2
edited January 2014 in Workshop
Hey everyone,

Got a little bit of a problem to sort out.

I have a bike with 9 speed ultegra double 6500 shifters and one of the rubber lever hoods is a little worse for wear.

I've tried looking round the internet for places that stock this magical item. Shimano number Y6BS98090.

Anyone know of any alternative solutions that aren't going to be too expensive?

Comments

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Hudz will do the job and are meant to be better (ie longer lasting and more comfortable than standard ones (but I've only read reviews on the 'net, never used, so don't quote me).
  • brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    I got some Hudz SRAM lever hoods form Wiggle a few months ago. A bit of a squeeze to get on (have to take the brake levers off the handlebars) but they do feel tighter than the orignals.
  • brit66 wrote:
    I got some Hudz SRAM lever hoods form Wiggle a few months ago. A bit of a squeeze to get on (have to take the brake levers off the handlebars) but they do feel tighter than the orignals.

And exactly a year later I revive this topic :oops:

You mean you put Sram hoods on Shimano brifters? On brifters similar to the one in question?
    I am looking for the exact same hoods as OP, but can't seem to find them anywhere. Any suggestions would be welcome!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,182
    call sjs cycles and see if they have a set tucked away 01278 441500

otherwise, this place will ship internationally..

http://www.bikepartsplace.com/discount/ ... -6bs-9809/
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny