Installing Campag Ultra-Torque crankset - any tips?

CptKernow
CptKernow Posts: 467
edited December 2013 in Workshop
Hopefully I'll be putting on my new Chorus crankset this weekend. That is if the LBS can get the old Veloce power torque one off for me.
Anyhow, I just wondered if there were any essential bits of information or top-tips before I do it all wrong...

TIA,
Chris

Comments

• It is very easy, just follow the instructions
    left the forum March 2023
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    As ugo says, it really is very easy.
    The Campag instructions should easily surfice, but there is a Campag video tutorial on You Tube.
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • Thought I would give this a bump rather than start a new thread.

Should there be a need to place grease in the cups as some suggest you should although the following do not?

http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-hel ... rque#campy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAHd2amwskU

Cheers
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    I put waterproof grease in the cups and copper grease on the threads where the cups screw into the frame and also at the junction of cup and frame. This makes disassembly easy and helps stop water getting in. I redo the grease once a year. Regreasing is a also good cure for creaking cranks.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Mercia Man wrote:
    I put waterproof grease in the cups and copper grease on the threads where the cups screw into the frame and also at the junction of cup and frame. This makes disassembly easy and helps stop water getting in. I redo the grease once a year. Regreasing is a also good cure for creaking cranks.

Yep I do exactly the same 8)
  • Ok, looks like a little additional grease will be required :)

Thank You
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.