Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Eddie72
Eddie72 Posts: 33
edited January 2013 in Pro race
According to Cyclismas, Wiggins had an interesting reaction to Rapha's concerns over how he conducts himself:

"A second email from Wiggins himself contained his comments to the Team Sky marketing staffer, who in turn forwarded them on to Rapha. “Would it make you c**ts happy if I whipped off my kit at press conferences first, stood f**king naked, and then fired off a couple of blue word bombs? Are you f**king kidding me? I’m a g**damned knight-in-waiting you stupid c**ts,” stated a more colorful section of the email."

Comments

• tremayne
    tremayne Posts: 378
    I'm sure that 99% are aware - but for the benfit of the remaining 1% (Eddie - I'm not saying its you) - please be aware that the Cyclismas content is pure fiction. Good fiction but still that.
  • tremayne wrote:
    I'm sure that 99% are aware - but for the benfit of the remaining 1% (Eddie - I'm not saying its you) - please be aware that the Cyclismas content is pure fiction. Good fiction but still that.[/quote]

Debatable. Infantile and puerile are two alternative adjectives for it. Guess they've never got over Wiggins calling them amongst others 'anonymous w£^kers'...

Still, we all have different senses of humour.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Oh Eddie...Eddie, Eddie, Eddie.....

:D
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Another one bites the dust.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Am I really the only person that wishes it were true :)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Now he's a knight of the realm, there'll be no more of that rude language

Erm.... :lol:
  • tremayne
    I'm pretty much with you to be honest. Very childish - but some of can be amusing. Their recent rant at Adam Hansen for bringing too much humour to his twitterings etc was amusing.

And yes, they have serious Wiggo issues. I see two reasons;

1/. They are americans and not all can understand british humour and irony, of which he has in abundance.
    2/. He is currently the main man - which makes him a target
  • tremayne wrote:
    I'm pretty much with you to be honest. Very childish - but some of can be amusing. Their recent rant at Adam Hansen for bringing too much humour to his twitterings etc was amusing.

And yes, they have serious Wiggo issues. I see two reasons;

1/. They are americans and not all can understand british humour and irony, of which he has in abundance.
    2/. He is currently the main man - which makes him a target

And as I said he was including them in his diatribe during the Tour - as they are indeed amongst the characters who are at the heart of the doping accusations. You think if Ryder had won the Tour instead of the Giro he'd be the target? Nope. Cos they lurve Vaughters.
  • tremayne
    Again, I agree. Would probably be a lot more gentle with the slipstreamers.

However, big Wig is a top ranked cyclist and as such is going to have to deal with this kind of rubbish as best he can - and hopefully not lose the plot too much! No way is it going away.
  • tremayne wrote:
    Again, I agree. Would probably be a lot more gentle with the slipstreamers.

However, big Wig is a top ranked cyclist and as such is going to have to deal with this kind of rubbish as best he can - and hopefully not lose the plot too much! No way is it going away.

He and Sky are big enough and ugly enough to look after themselves, fer shure. The nastiness of the underlying tone just puts me off.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    You think if Ryder had won the Tour instead of the Giro he'd be the target? Nope. Cos they lurve Vaughters.
    Oh yes. He's Canadian. If there's one thing the Americans LOVE, its having a pop at their Northern cousins...
  • Eddie72
    Eddie72 Posts: 33
    tremayne wrote:
    I'm sure that 99% are aware - but for the benfit of the remaining 1% (Eddie - I'm not saying its you) - please be aware that the Cyclismas content is pure fiction. Good fiction but still that.

Well I'd love to claim that of course I knew this was fiction but alas no :oops: I'll put it down to a prolonged New Year hangover

Thanks for putting me straight, I'll get my coat...
  • tremayne
    10/10 for honesty!
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Eddie72 wrote:
    tremayne wrote:

Well I'd love to claim that of course I knew this was fiction but alas no :oops: I'll put it down to a prolonged New Year hangover

Very well admitted sir, bravo! :wink:
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    If only the last person who made a mistake like this back in 'Cyclismasgate' was such a good sport eh :)
  • mfin wrote:
    If only the last person who made a mistake like this back in 'Cyclismasgate' was such a good sport eh :)

Was it a person of, um, French persuasion...?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    +1 well played Edward! Can't say that I ve not ever done the exact same thing with a different site :oops:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    mfin wrote:

Was it a person of, um, French persuasion...?

Yep, and the toys were thrown out of the Perambulator and I was ever so honored to receive a little lecture :)
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,707
    Infantile and puerile are two alternative adjectives for it. Guess they've never got over Wiggins calling them amongst others 'anonymous w£^kers'...
    I guessed Wiggo's outburst was aimed at the cyclismas in-crowd with their supposition and mud-slinging. They probably liked the recognition :roll:

There is enough interesting and sometimes insightful writing on the web so I don't see the point in bothering with stuff that looks like vanity publishing. Or perhaps it's just not my cup of tea...
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Simon E wrote:
    Infantile and puerile are two alternative adjectives for it. Guess they've never got over Wiggins calling them amongst others 'anonymous w£^kers'...
    I guessed Wiggo's outburst was aimed at the cyclismas in-crowd with their supposition and mud-slinging. They probably liked the recognition :roll:

There is enough interesting and sometimes insightful writing on the web so I don't see the point in bothering with stuff that looks like vanity publishing. Or perhaps it's just not my cup of tea...

Colin aka Pokerface and our resident forum worldchamp has just started doing a videoblog series for Cyclismas...can't be all bad!
  • Eddie72 wrote:
    tremayne wrote:

Don't get yer coat lad, get yer bike........