Bianchi Via Nirone 7 + racking?

mlgt
mlgt Posts: 366
edited January 2013 in Commuting general
Does anyone ride a Bianchi Via Nirone 7 and fitted some form or racking?

Ive just gotten a second hand one and wanted to know if there is an option for this as I know there is no mounting clips/holes for such thing.

I commute 20 miles a day and would prefer to ride without my rucksack to/from work.

Please help.

Thank you.
N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0

Comments

• You will probably need to use P-clips to attach a rack. Alternatively, have you thought of a saddlebag? After considering a pannier, I went down this route. A Carradice (for example) looks neat and will take quite a bit of stuff, although I try to leave as much as possible at work.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Hi,

I fitted my via nirone with a Carradice Pendle 11 litre saddlebag: http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/carradice-pe ... rc=froogle used with this quick release system: http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/carradice-sq ... rc=froogle

I think they were in the sale when I got it and if you shop around you might get them cheaper if you wanted to go down that route.

I went from pannier rack/bags on my hybrid to this and I wish I'd discovered it sooner, I much prefer it. My 11 litre bag will hold a pair of trainers, jeans, shirt, t shirt, underwear and so on with a tiny bit of room for small bits all in the main compartment, plus it has 2 side pockets in which I keep either spare tubes/pump/tools/etc or wallet and bits and bobs.

I definately fill it up too much :)

There are bigger and smaller versions too depending on what you need to carry.

As you may have guessed, they get my recommendation
  • mlgt
    Thanks for the replies. Do you not find the bags get dirty if you are cycling in the rain at all?

That is my main concern. I currently leave my work shoes and suit at work and bring a new shirt in everyday.

I have a shower at work so once a week I will bring a fresh towel on friday and replace the used one to take home, along with suit trousers.

I will look into these. Thanks again.
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • mlgt
    After watching the video on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6f1n9EsbY8

Im impressed. I will see if the local evans or cycle surgery have this in store. Would like to see how it looks.

Or would you be able to take a pic and show me? I guess as before is the concern of making the bag wet/dirty.

I currently use this - http://road.cc/content/review/59520-ass ... -smart-ass
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • I have mudguards (crud road racer 2's) and so I don't get much crap come up at all. The bags are waterproof and I'd say they clean up pretty well but in truth I haven't really needed to clean it. I'll give the bottom of the bag a wipe after a rainy ride but that's about it.

I'll try and get a pic up over the weekend as I don't have any with the bag on currently
  • also I don't think evans and cycle surgery have much of a choice of carradice if at all, but I think Condor do at Holburn? Might be worth ringing to check before you go though
  • mlgt
    Cheers I will visit Condor next week. I went to Velorution and they had the Barley but I wanted to see other ones.
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • so here are a few pics I just took with my phone...with and without the crappy halfords light on the back :)

as I say they come in smaller sizes too if this is too big..and in hindsight maybe I should've given the bag a wipe over :)

DBBA027D-86F0-443A-8BAA-BD36296FB4D4-1271-00000247CE3E8C10.jpg

309908B3-A6E6-4E18-9170-FA449257945C-1271-00000247E59BCDE7.jpg

67027B64-D2EE-4F92-AAD5-158FCD8F3AD2-1271-00000247FB23AFFA.jpg

CBD67B07-F48C-4899-A82A-48F7BDD87941-1271-00000248116096EC.jpg

2CA41CD8-BBC7-471F-BCFF-AFEAD6A6B9C0-1271-0000024825BB6A96.jpg
  • mlgt
    Looks fab and thanks for taking the time to take the photos.

Can you advise on the mudguards you are using?

R
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • yeah they're Crud Road Racer 2's - they take a bit of adjusting initially but apart from the occasional rubbing (normally after I've cleaned it and moved the guard unintentionally) they are pretty good. The back one does move around a bit but they keep me and the bike clean
  • mlgt
    Thanks. I will purchase these but in days of heavy rain I wont be out on the bike. All very useful info.

Thanks again everyone.
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • Thanks. I will purchase these but in days of heavy rain I wont be out on the bike. All very useful info.

UPDATE: fitted (wider) 25c durano plus tyres and now the Cruds rub!! :(

So basically gonna try some raceblades I think...
  • mlgt
    Great. Thanks for the update. Do let us know how you get on with the raceblades.

R
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • mlgt wrote:
    Great. Thanks for the update. Do let us know how you get on with the raceblades.

R

so far so good. They fitted really well with no rubbing or hassle (doesn't happen with every bike I think, even my brothers Carrera Virtuoso didn't take to them so well) and after one 22 mile ride I can report no problems whatsoever...

...but of course that means nothing. Cant compare them properly until I'm on wet roads etc.

But I like them so far!
  • neal1984
    neal1984 Posts: 240
    mlgt wrote:

R

so far so good. They fitted really well with no rubbing or hassle (doesn't happen with every bike I think, even my brothers Carrera Virtuoso didn't take to them so well) and after one 22 mile ride I can report no problems whatsoever...

...but of course that means nothing. Cant compare them properly until I'm on wet roads etc.

But I like them so far!

Yours wouldn't have taken them so well if I hadn't shown you how to fit them! And my Halfords special likes them just fine!

Life is like riding a bicycle: you don't fall off unless you stop pedaling.

Scott Foil Team Issue HMX Di2
    Boardman Team Carbon LTD