Over kill

Matt-r8
Matt-r8 Posts: 298
edited January 2013 in MTB general
due to redundancy I am looking to get rid of both my bikes and just have 1 do it all bike. Plan is to look at Cove Stiffee with Fox 36 Floats, and then move all the bits from one of my bikes across onto it.
However, one of my bikes is a 9 speed Spec big hit 2 with totem solo airs that have been TF tuned and also a DHX4 shock fitted. I'm thinking this may be ok for riding round the UK trail cantres, or is it just too heavy with too much travel. It's certainly no light weight.
Opinions please.

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I'd say the big hit far too heavy and slow for uk trail centres. The cove sounds a good idea.
  • Matt-r8
    edited January 2013
    These are the 2 bikes in question. Pretty much everything on the charge is Hope, but unfortunately, the frame feels a little too small for me on occasion. Big Hit would probably be sold as is.bighit_zpsa3fa0455.jpg
    chargeDuster_zps63ac3e66.jpg
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Stick a 5 inch travel fork on the Charge and it will make a great xc/trail centre weapon.
  • Matt-r8
    Think I might try that. Big hit now up for sale.
  • Sorry to hear about your job, was made redundant myself in Dec. Tough times.
  • Matt-r8
    Cheers. Not the end of the world. Plan was to go to Uni, but got rejected on my personal statement. Thought that was a bit shit to be honest. Wolves Uni. Never even emailed me to say why or give advice on what to do next or How to make my application stronger next time, which their website says they will do. Oh well, onwards and upwards, who needs a degree anyway? Good luck with your job hunting.
    Matt.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    For info, the big hit is almost certainly worth more in bits than as a whole bike, so unless you are in a rush you may want to consider that (although splitting up a bike you know and love can be hard I know.....)

The Totems may be able to be fitted to the Charge in the short term at least?

Put a setback seatpost on it and it will feel bigger as well!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Sorry about your job - best wishes - but reconsider uni from what it has to offer and not what the response says.
    Good luck!