Any Plumbers here?

rowlers
rowlers Posts: 1,614
edited January 2013 in The cake stop
Right the wifes plan is to replace our std. 600*500 (1700~BTU) radiator with a nice chrome towel radiator.
Until I pointed out that you'd see the plastic pipes behind it!
So any one know what the best way to hide the plastic pipes that come out of the "upside down Y" plastic thingy similar to this:
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Speedfit_Radiator_Outlet_Plate.html
so that is looks OK behind a ladder style towel rad?
Its a new build house so everything is plumbed with plastic :D

cheers

Comments

• You can connect chrome pipe to the plastic speedfit pipe, but you'll still have the weird wall exit to deal with. Speedfit is great, but not aesthetically pleasing...
  • rowlers
    Thats an idea tho. I could put a chrome cover over the box and exit the box with chrome pipe.

thx...
  • Katz
    Katz Posts: 25
    If you use chrome pipe with push-fit fittings the joint will possibly fail. You have to remove the chrome where the pipe is gripped by the rings.
  • Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    Can you get behind the wall that the pipes come through to reroute the pipes so they each individually come out of the wall just next to where they connect to the towel rail?
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    We used to have an ordinary radiator in our bathroom and we replace it with one of those chrome ladder towel radiator things, no where near enough output to heat the room.

If I'd have know in advance I'd have kept the old rad and added the chrome one.
  • Towel rails aren't intended to heat a room, just the towels that hang on them. a rad or underfloor htg is also needed.
    Trek Fuel EX8
  • rowlers
    thanks all,
    the rails I'm looking at all have a BTU at least the same as the current rad.
    I cannot easily get behind the wall.

thanks for the ideas - it obviously a larger job than I'd hoped!