What,s road buzz ....

elderone
elderone Posts: 1,410
edited January 2013 in Road beginners
I have read a lot about road buzz and how to get rid of it etc,but what exactly is it and how do I know its happening.
My bike im riding now is a carrera virtuso ltd and a cheap bike,so i,d think for this reason I would feel the things better bikes are supposed to eliminate.Maybe I dont know any thing better as a newbie but my bike feels and rides fine with nothing that I would call buzz/vibes etc.So how would I know.
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori

Comments

• Mystique
    Mystique Posts: 342
    Road buzz is the low level "hum" you feel through the bars & saddle when riding. Like a ticking clock or humming aircon, you sometimes only notice when it stops. For me, it seemed to manifest itself in a tingling sensation in my hands after a few hours riding. Interestingly, when I upgraded to a full carbon frame, the biggest benefit I noticed was the deadening of the hum - I can now ride all day without any tingling or numbness at all.

Hope this helps.
  • Maybe it's that feeling you get inside, euphoria, excitement etc as you start peddling down the road? :D
    B'TWIN Triban 5A
    Ridgeback MX6
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Interestingly, when I upgraded to a full carbon frame, the biggest benefit I noticed was the deadening of the hum - I can now ride all day without any tingling or numbness at all.

Agreed. I have carbon, steel and alloy bikes (with a carbon fork). The alloy bike buzzes the most by a long way.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    it's the great feeling I get post ride on my carbon bike :lol:
  • road buzz is what happens when you ride over a pot hole then feeling your back brake as you land back on your saddle and spit out two of your teeth before cursing and shaking your fist in the air before muttering to yourself "wiggo never dealt with this on the tour"

:lol:
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners