Trousers for the short of leg...

MarkLG
MarkLG Posts: 189
edited January 2013 in MTB general
Just bought some lovely Gore Bike Wear windstopper trousers off Wiggle which were on offer.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/gore-bike-wear-path-active-shell-convertible-trousers-2012/
They look perfect for winter biking, but the legs are just too long for me, even in the medium size. Sadly they'll have to go back and I'll have to try and find something else to replace my ageing leggings.
Has anybody found something similar to these which come up short in the legs, or are offered in a choice of leg lengths??

Comments

• querhoch
    querhoch Posts: 111
    buy a pair of craghoppers with the 2 zip off sections or a pair of army fatigues and cut them to size, et voila!
  • MarkLG
    I've got plenty of regular trousers I could use, but I'm after something cycling specific. ie weatherproof, with some reinforcement in the appropriate places, and won't get caught up in the chainset.
  • querhoch
    querhoch Posts: 111
    buy a bashgaurd
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    edited January 2013
    Or one of these
    10919259-man-being-tortured-on-the-rack.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • How short exactly are you legs? Im a 30" leg and I can get bike waterproofs to fit.
    Have you thought about emailing the major retailers and asking them if they have anything appropriate for you size? I've rung up CRC before about a couple of things and they were very helpfull.
    If you cant get a pair in your leg length you could get a pair taken up, or buy a 3/4 length pair and wear these with undertights or a long seal skin sock or something like that.
  • MarkLG
    I'm a 30" inside leg as well. I've got some Berghaus GoreTex overtrousers for walking in which fit fine (they're a short leg length).
    At the moment I'm wearing long tights under Altura waterproof shorts, which isn't a bad combo, but I was looking for something full length in a more casual fit.
    Full on waterproof leggings are a bit overboard - the Windstopper softshell ones are a good compromise, but none of the cycling brands I've looked at on CRC, Wiggle, etc seem to offer a choice of leg length. :(
  • It might be worth seeing if you can have them taken up at your local dry cleaners. I shouldn't have thought relocating the zip on the lowers would cost much.
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy