Australian telegraphs sportwoman of the year- A Horse uuhh

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited January 2013 in The cake stop
The Australian newspaper the Telegraph has caused uproar ,by announcing the winner of the sportwoman of the year award. The award goes to no other than Black Caviar :shock: :? . What, i hear you say, never heard of her. Well actually Black Caviar is a merrie, yes a Horse :roll: . Apparently Black Caviar has won 22 consecutive races, a feat which has not been achieved in the last 100 years.This award has not gone down well with supporters of Anna Meares or Sally Pearson, both recent Gold medal winners at the London olympics.
Ademort
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Those Aussies are always lagging behind. Didn't we award Princess Anne way back in 1971?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Aussies :roll:

There was also a wet T shirt contest that was won by a female bulldog who had recently had puppies, quantity winning over quality, drongos :shock:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    ademort wrote:
    The Australian newspaper the Telegraph has caused uproar ,by announcing the winner of the sportwoman of the year award. The award goes to no other than Black Caviar :shock: :? . What, i hear you say, never heard of her. Well actually Black Caviar is a merrie, yes a Horse :roll: . Apparently Black Caviar has won 22 consecutive races, a feat which has not been achieved in the last 100 years.This award has not gone down well with supporters of Anna Meares or Sally Pearson, both recent Gold medal winners at the London olympics.
    Ademort

I think Australia is doing all it can to forget about the Olympics.
  • There's hope for Claire Balding yet then.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    They got it right then. I bet that horse has twice the IQ of the average Ozzie and is far better looking as well as actually having a personality. Those stoopid sods got it completely wrong with that horse, he had much more potential as an opening batsman.

Incidentally, how do you tell the difference between a Limey, a Wallaby and a Kiwi ?
    An Englishman says "Sex, fish and chips". An Australian says "Six, fish and Chips. A New Zealander syas "Sux, fush and chups".
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!