btwin 8.1 or cube attention

windy10
windy10 Posts: 4
edited January 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi a little help please i want to spend £500 to £850 on a new bike do i go for a 8.1 btwin 2013 at £500 or a cube attention 2013 at £700 i am useing a old bike at the moment so time to upgrade i am a begginer and don't understand all the stuff they tell me in the shop. one shop says btwin are crap the other say btwin is better
OMG can some make sence of it for me. Many Thanks

Comments

• LJ.
    LJ. Posts: 149
    The Cube attention 2012 has been around below £500 over the last few months, thats probably a decent price but I don't think £700 is
  • it is the 2013 model from james cycles £679 they dont have any 2012 left.
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    Well, first things first. the Rockrider is certainly not shit. It is probably the most recommended bike on here at the £500-£700 price point (along with Voodoo Hoodoo & Boardmans from Halfords). You won't go too far wrong with it for the money
  • my vote would be a boardman or a voodoo, i have the boardman team pro HT and its brillent.

for the lower end of your budget i would go for a voodoo, but if you want to go all out and spend 850 then it would have to be a boardman team without any dout,
    look at the two reviews...
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/categ ... o-12-46194
    (voodoo best total bargain 2012) :)

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/categ ... m-12-46330
    (boardman team, max speed per pound award 2012) :mrgreen:

for the price the spec of the bikes is great, and you will find it hard to find a bike as well spec or as light as the boardman team. (LoL can you tell i love my boardman) :wink:
  • Rockrider 8.1 is a cracking bike for the money I looked for a while and done a lot of research before I bought mine and for the money I didn't find anything that came close am well happy with it . Superb bikes and a good service from decathlon aswell . Big recommendation from me . You won't be disappointed .
  • thanks i thought it was between just t
    he two bikes but ill look at the others