Took the plunge got a turbo

Kingsmill1
Kingsmill1 Posts: 103
edited January 2013 in Road beginners
After many weeks of thinking it about finally got a turbo, the wet weather , gales and work got the better of me. But having taken the plunge glad I did set up was easy ( I'm lucky enough to have 2 bikes hybrid & road) changed the rear tyre on the hybrid and will leave it hooked up till the spring. Not given up going out did a 30 miler on Saturday and after nearly 3 days on the turbo noticed I was slightly quicker on certain parts of the ride. Have to say without sufferfest the turbo is hard work but my average cadence over 45 mins was 85 which I thought was respectable.
Giant TCR Comp 2
Specialized Allez Sport

Comments

• elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Nice one,turbo,s are worth the effort as with out mine I would hardley be turning a pedal with this weather etc.
    Hopefully come the spring the the turbo time will show some payback for the effort over winter.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Set mine up today (thanks Santa) just did 45 mins with an ave speed of 18mph, big front cog, small rear cog my cateye doesn't do cadence :(
    Wilier La Triestina
    Specialized Tarmac Comp
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Take a look at trainerroad.com, it's very good.
  • I was lucky had a garmin forerunner with a cadence meter which is a few yrs old , glad I never binned it as its been very valuable on the turbo especially as sufferfest video work on cAdence.
    Giant TCR Comp 2
    Specialized Allez Sport