Sunday 'Bike' Service Morning Thread

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited December 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Been up since... well ever...

looking at the amazon's for stuff to buy... I have 2 hours to purchase something to get it delivered by tomorrow.

no other plans as yet
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Today I was planning on servicing the bikes but I don't know if I can be bothered, depends how cold it is outside. Got some uni work to be getting on with too so might just do that.

Laters
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Full cooked breakfast and a pile of bacons has been consumed. Just deciding upon what to do today. Winds are pretty strong and picking up so nothing too adventurous I think. Maybe just some online browsing to see if there are any nice bikes in the sales.

Later......
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Allo scuttlers

Off to wolves to see my Godkids and have xmas mk II

Laterz
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Indoors, fire lit, two espressos in me already.

Today will be mostly eating, and watching telly with the kids.

Bike wise with some fettling on junior's newly fitted x3 shifters on his 24" bike and a little obsessive polishing of mine with some muc-off miracle shine.

laters
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    Morning Fuckers.

Got home last night and have to go back in a week or so.

it is really nice to be home. Just had a nice bit of breakfast and am currently about half an hour into "operation sitting on my sofa in my pants"

i need to go an buy the food for a christmas dinner then i might go and buy a cheap car but apart from that, i hve nowt planned.
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Injah today. If you ever get the chance to fly Jet Airways - don't bother. Went round Noida in Delhi and a lot of angry demos about the poor kid who was murdered. Went cycling - well on the back of a pedal rickshaw. Learned that if you turn your watch upside down then it shows the time in Injah. G&T followed by lamb biryani. HNY to those in the UK.
  • Morning idiots.

it is really nice to be home. Just had a nice bit of breakfast and am currently about half an hour into "operation sitting on my sofa in my pants"

i need to go an buy the food for a christmas dinner then i might go and buy a cheap car but apart from that, i hve nowt planned.

Who the fark are you?

Sideways.
  • sheepsteeth
    sideways indeed!!

i hope everyone has had an excellent christmas?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning idiots.

happy r&r glad to see you're not deaded!

bacons consumed, off out for a wander round some local park (will have a walk on my return!)

trar!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Afternoon Losers!

Sheeps - You're not blown up! Well done that man!

Today, I have slept terribly again, which is surprising considering I met my friend with benefits in Manchester last night, I was knackered, but am struggling to sleep. I've been feeling ill recently, but I don't know why, must be the aids. Good kind though, so it's not all bad.

Lots of work for the rest of the day and tomorrow. Whoop-da-fookin-do.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • sideways indeed!!

i hope everyone has had an excellent christmas?

It was superb thanks. Hope you have an equally impressive belated Christmas.

I assume you've just come back to give them time to clean out all the ditches before heading back again?
  • sheepsteeth
    We actually have spent a fair amount of time in ditches!

ive got a bit of time off then should only have a month or so left out there before end of tour. Christmas in afghan was actually pretty good considering the location but it is nice to be home whilst it is still fairly festive.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Afternoon

Body still hurting after beer/2 bottles of wine and half a bottle of champagne - was a good night :)

Today was cycling back from macc, washing cars and now thinking about doing some work before going out again later.

Sheepsteeth - welcome back
  • Welcome back sheepy.

Today is golf ball sized rain drops there enormous! like my other :)
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Back from Taunton to the parentals place for the evening. Yesterday was a llllloooonnnnngggg day. Why is it as a single girl you get treated like some kind of scarlet woman at a wedding? Incredibly tedious after a while so gin helped make the day more bearable. As did the people watching. Some people must have amazing mirrors to think that they look good enough to go out when they look in them. What they see is not what I see...

Lazing around being cooked for and watching kids films now. Good times.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Evening All

Wild and Windy has been the order of the day where I am and has been since 24th, when you are trying to move a jackup in this sea state, it is nigh on impossible to get a weather window.

Should be back with you around the 7th

Internet is intermittant though I will try to keep abreast of you all.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Evenin' 'tards,

Good to see you're still alive sheeps...

Have spent the last 3 days with the parentals in the windswept/rainlashed North East - no internet connection but plenty of free food & drink and Sky Sports to keep me entertained. Back darn Sarf now just in time to avoid the overpriced nightmare of New years Eve tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]