Magura MTS pads?

Richieboy64
Richieboy64 Posts: 9
edited December 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Took delivery of my 2013 Stumpjumper three weeks ago, and I've gone thru 3 sets of rear pads already! Now I'm sure I'm gonna get slated for asking this on here, but can anyone advise me.

I guess I probably never bedded the first set in properly, and the shop kindly changed them for me. I thought that I bedded the replacement set in better, but they wore down after one week, and today at the end of the third week, the third set have had it!

I commute to work on the bike 2 or 3 times a week, and do around 25miles on each of those days, approx half of which are tow paths and single track. Obviously the ground has been extremely wet and muddy of late, and I'm just wondering if this has an adverse effect on pads? Or am I simply relying on the rear brake too much when single tracking! Yes I'm a bit of a scaredy cat!

Also I'd be interested to receive advice on the best way to bed the pads in, and what would the best pads for me, be?
I have Magura MTS and there appears to be only 2 types available, the 7.1 & 7.2 I'm assuming one is organic and the other one sintered?
All advice welcome, thanks!