Hope techx2

MountainMonster
MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
edited December 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I just bought a new set for the rear of my bike. Upon installing I have noticed the wheel will not move at all, it appears the pads have been pushed together somehow in transit. Am I alright to push them apart with a screw driver? I tried adjusting the bite point but it didn't seem to help much.

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Yeah thats fine, just try not to gouge the surface of the pad with the tip.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Plastic tyre levers are good for levering pistons apart.

To get the best out of any brake they need to be setup correctly. They need to be centred correctly so that the pads hit at the same time etc....
  • Well then, dumb old me just released I had the blemmin wrong mount. A raid of the bike parts box has found the right one finally! Finally can ride an mtb, just need to get to the trails.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Didn't sound right, if the pads were that tight you never would have got the wheel (disc between pads) in.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • That is what I was thinking at first, because I had thought the hope adaptor that came in the box was the right one. The box even said 183mm adaptor, but it was only a 160.