Mark Fowler's Friday Morning Thread

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited December 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Have spewed practically every colour of the rainbow last night. Either some dodgy chicken or bad reaction to painkillers.

Today will be spent at the quacks then home in front of the box
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Projectsome - good luck with your bottom dropping off

Today is family time, few pints and sausage rolls in the pub (free on a Friday night) followed by our only night in during the holiday period. Which will probably involve 'discussions' on what we are watching, so I'm hiding the remote control now and blaming the kids
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Have spewed practically every colour of the rainbow last night.

D'you want us to start digging? Won't take long - ground's pretty soft.

Mornin' ear-touchers

Garage day today - got a skid plate to finish and a hardtail to service (it has a 9 speed cassette - I want all those speeds). That'll keep me quiet for a few hours.

Before then, coffee and bacons!

Onwards! To coffee! And Skunkworks!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    In the office hiding today,
    Will be watching Expendables 2, Reading on my kindle, and drinking lots of coffee.
    Tonight i will be getting inebriated and falling asleep on the sofa.

Hopefully the new forks turn up today so i can do some fettling over the weekend, and ride in semi comfort?

Anywhoo who's turn is it to get the bacons in?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Our bacon supply is not in over the xmas period.

So fattyD's has been consumed, i feel like i slowly becoming round, need to go ride.. alot please stop flooding the roads between myself and the trails weather!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Sat in the office enjoying the peace and quiet.

Managed to get out on the bike yesterday for the first time over Christmas, not enjoyable. Everywhere seems to be a river of mud. Trying to cycle through two miles of liquid clay is also not advisable.

Dodgy on the road bike this morning as well. The 'surface dresing' has broken away from the original road surface so it's like riding on a flooded path covered in marbles.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good morning freaks!

Bit of a fail for breakfast this morning, bacon's all gone and so has the trifle, so having to resort to eating left over pasta and mince, covered in grated cheese. Luckily there's have a mahoosive pork pie left for 2nd breakfast in a while.

Grandkids are all coming over today for 2nd Christmas, so chaos and pandemonium will ensue.

Laters...
  • Morning Losers!

Struggled to sleep last night, I think my sleep pattern is slowly shifting round, meaning going back to work on Wednesday is going to be more painful than I care it to be.
    Today, my plan is to continue my tidying of the room, but not as much, play some PS3, maybe read, then head over to Bury where I'm meeting some old school friends for our yearly curry and beers night. Should be good!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Feeling quite sluggish this morning. Must be the fact that all I've done for the past few days is eat and drink. The most exercise has been going upstairs to bed.

Night out tonight with old school friends so this will involve walking to the pub and staggering back. Should be a good night.

Later......
  • VWsurfbum
    Just watched Expendables 2, forgotten it already.
    My Hot Sauce has turned up, so some win, but no forks :(

No ones mentioned its Friday!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • It's cos most people are not working this week like us Bumboy, there all lazy beer swilling...(I'm just jealous here lets face it)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    It's cos most people are not working this week like us Bumboy, there all lazy beer swilling...(I'm just jealous here lets face it)

Thanks to my blackberry I'm still working despite it being a day off :x
  • VWsurfbum
    I'm at work, not working :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum wrote:

i'm attempting this too, i will probably pay for it the new year though.
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    matthew h wrote:
    few pints and sausage rolls in the pub (free on a Friday night)

...free beer on a Friday night - does the landlord have a good grasp of economics?
  • VWsurfbum wrote:

I'm not meant to be at work, should be on holiday till the 2nd but am working.

Still double time + time in lie so not too bad!!
  • No one to stalk today how boring :(
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    I'm working from home. Which means sitting around reading, logging on to my work pc via remote access, wondering why people email me during the holidays and not responding to them, drinking tea, and wandering around my parents house refusing to change out of my pjs, and watching kids films.

Had a bit of a family get together at the parents last night. Turns out my mum, my sister and her fiance had a bit of an argument in the early hours of the morning and seems that my mum isnt happy about the impending wedding, nor particularly likes the groom. Funtimes ensued this morning when sister and fiance were leaving to go home and mum refused to say anything to them. Peace keeping - I should have followed that as a career as I had enough practice at it while growing up.

Back to Cardiff tonight.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttlers

Id like to be working from home but my chosen career kind of prevents this ....thus is why instead im off to aberdare barry and merthyr today.

This is all for now
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Gotta love barry, its a lovely town.... :roll:
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Afternoon bumders

Busy studying, in the holidays... not good, especially when it's crap about horses. The only thing I really care about when it comes to horses is £££ if I'm perfectly honest, so I suppose I'd better just crack on with it.

Laters
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Gotta love barry, its a lovely town.... :roll:

Of course it is, I live there... :D
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Gotta love barry, ill be sharing a cell with him soon.... :roll:

And no doubting who'll be sponge and who'll be stone in that relationship
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Yarp he will love it too.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    happy late in the fryday evening gusset sniffers!

Well this d1ckhead left his passport at his place of work! (required for upcoming holiday!) so a 500 mile round trip has been had, feel quite tired now, mainly from shouting at b3llends sat in the middle lane of a three lane motorway!

and breathe!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er