Headset help?

Riggsy12 Posts: 156
edited December 2012 in Road beginners
What is the cone shaped spacer looking thing acting as in this photo...


Is it a spacer or a top bearing cover?


  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    The shiny cone shaped thing (joining the blue frame) is the top portion of your headset.

    The duller metal thing (beneath the black thing) with the turnings on it, is a spacer.

    The black thing is your stem.

    The blue thing is your bike frame.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Just a cover.

    Have read of the info on Parktools.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown