Fight club morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,870
edited December 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning

Slight thick head this morning, but considering the amount I drank yesterday - not a bad trade off

Today is collect the mountains of presents we left at my parents yesterday, go for a run, take son no1 for a bike ride on his new mountain bike and then it's over to the uncles for a BBQ - should be good

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    thick head here too!

just been out looking at saturn!! wish it would appear at a more sociable time!

onwards to a good fight with the hangover, bacons and tea!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    CC is an appropriate forum for me - vomiting virus got me and the kids are keeping their distance. Actually it must be a mutant strain because there is more than vomiting going on!
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Pleasant day was had yesterday and many fine ales, wines, whiskys were sampled. Feeling surprisingly good this morning ready to do it all again today.

Later......
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Lagrange wrote:
    CC is an appropriate forum for me - vomiting virus got me and the kids are keeping their distance. Actually it must be a mutant strain because there is more than vomiting going on!

Sounds like a case of the Mark Fowlers. If I was you, I'd grab a spade and start digging - at least the ground is soft at the moment.

HTH!

Mornin' exes and double exes

Bacons have been consumed and now just biding my time before heading out to visit friends. And that's the plan for the day! Oh, twixt now and then I should head to the shops and a) brim the fuel tank, and b) buy a mahoosive Toblerone (other chocolate bars are available), as it seems to have become a tradition at this time of year.

Onwards! To coffee! And chooooooocolaaaaate!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    bg13 wrote:
    just been out looking at saturn!!
    Astro-geek alert :wink:

Morning All,

Feeling more than a bit fat, but we still have to go to brother-in-laws today to consume massive amounts of turkey curry. At least his daughters are fit (and legal...). Thursday = bike ride come rain or shine - it will be rain as I am definitely riding :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    <<fail>> feel like crap and I haven't even had a drink. still was a good christmas, not sure what to do today though. For some reason I have an urge to buy a new speaker system even though I don't need one.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning mongs!

Hiding out today trying to avoid buying stuff in the sales.

Don't feel too bad today but boy do I need to lose some weight!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    just been out looking at saturn!!
    Astro-geek alert :wink:

Oooops!

that was supposed to say 'using the new telescope to look through the bedroom windows of the fit girlies down the road and some sh1t planet got in the way!'
    :wink:
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • For some reason I have an urge to buy a new speaker system even though I don't need one.
    Yes you do!

Afternoon Losers!
    Feeling fine here today. Sampled a nice amount of Whisky in a new glass tumbler I received, and yet today, feeling fine 8)
    I'm heading back to Leeds today, though I'm in no rush. Will probably head off around 6ish, basically it's a relaxing day for me. Tomorrow I'll get out on the bike, though which, I've yet to decide.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Whoever brought my little brother a drum kit seriously needs help! Awoke this morning to the drums just being hit with things, oh and my sister joining in on the ukelele... It's raining, mum is swearing as my bike is residing in her work room. And I can't be bothered to get out of my pjs. Gin and tonic seems like a good idea at the moment.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Afternoon Scuttlers
    Grey old day In Milford Haven but it doesn't matter, afternoon in drinking with the neighbour in laws with singstar etc.

Work tomorrow though so not too much drinking though,

Not sure if I want to head back to Cardiff though if misscmc had got the travelling wilburys in the area and bg is looking for Uranus.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    It's ok I'm not in Cardiff at the moment, I'm running back there to hide for the day tomorrow. My younger sister is making me do wedding planning stuff. Looking at bridesmaid dresses which I am mostly saying no to at the moment. She also mentioned something about a Ceilidh band in a marquee at the farm. I'm thinking could save some cash and get the siblings to do it. I don't think my gin inspired suggestions are being met with approval at the moment...
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good afternoon freaks!

No thick head for me today. There are some advantages to being teetotal sometimes. I'm sure the neighbourhood appreciated me playing some AC/DC nice and loud first thing this morning. :D

Well, after setting up the new 320 giggidybob PS3, for the rest of the day I have mostly been Corvo Attano...
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    MissCMC wrote:
    It's ok I'm not in Cardiff at the moment, I'm running back there to hide for the day tomorrow. My younger sister is making me do wedding planning stuff. Looking at bridesmaid dresses which I am mostly saying no to at the moment. She also mentioned something about a Ceilidh band in a marquee at the farm. I'm thinking could save some cash and get the siblings to do it. I don't think my gin inspired suggestions are being met with approval at the moment...

If it helps I've bought my 18 month old goddaughter a xylophone for Xmas, mainly as I dislike her mother and she lives 150 miles away...... I'm sure she could game out a tune
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp