Hej! Beginners' tips

Sanka
Sanka Posts: 4
edited December 2012 in MTB beginners
Hej People, I am Sanka and I just moved to Vienna. I have always loved MTB for the sheer adrenaline so I just purchased a sturdy hardtail Diamond Blood to begin with. This is my very first MTB. I have been maintaining my fitness, but can somebody guide me with my first steps. Is there anybody around Vienna I could tag along for a while? I feel like I should start asap, but also strong and smooth. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

-Sanka

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hi, best bet is to find some local riders to you, this is a UK based website so although we have a few people posting from other places they are few and far between.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Hi, best bet is to find some local riders to you, this is a UK based website so although we have a few people posting from other places they are few and far between.

^^^ This. Go to your local bike shop and speak to the employees there, some of them might already be in a trail riding group or know riders that get together on a regular basis to go biking together.
  • Hey there,

I used to live just outside Vienna! Go to www.downhill.at and join the forums. I met a few riders from Vienna there. There is Kahlenberg which is the mountain to the west side of Vienna right on the outskirts of town that has some fun riding on it. You are also surrounded by Wienerwald which is full of rolling hills and great trails. You have Bikepark Semmering about an hour train ride south of you as we'll.

If you take the U6 line to Alser strasse there is a great bike shop there that is worth a visit to ask about clubs and people to ride with. Failing that, I lived in St. Polten for a long time and my wife's family is all based there so I come back every few months. If you are ever free when I come back I'm happy to take you on some routes in my area. It cost 11 euros by train from Vienna. If you want, send me a PM, and ill give you my number and we can speak a bit more about the riding around there.
  • Also check out bikeboard.at
  • Sanka
    Thank you all for your input!
  • Sanka
    Hi Man, Thanks a lot for the advice. I live midst the Wienerwald, which mostly provoked me to buy a MTB. I could not message you, but will figure that out and get in touch soon. Cheers!
  • Sanka wrote:
    Hi Man, Thanks a lot for the advice. I live midst the Wienerwald, which mostly provoked me to buy a MTB. I could not message you, but will figure that out and get in touch soon. Cheers!

Hey, you have to get 10 posts to send a PM.