Cerevellum hindsight

santana007
santana007 Posts: 33
edited December 2013 in Road general
Not sure where to post this question , so sorry it might be in the wrong section ..

Just picked up my new Cube agree gtc 2012 , first two trips out and i can see a need for a rear view camera .. i can only find the owl and the Cerevellum hindsight .. And finding them for sale in this country seems imposible .. Does anyone know of any others or where i can buy either of these ..

cheers

Rog

Comments

• Why would you need a rear view camera?
  • NewTTer
    NewTTer Posts: 463
    Try turning your head, works wonders!
  • Had an accident years ago and limited to 80% over my right shoulder ,So i have a slight blind spot, Try offering advice instead of trying to be clever , it also works wonders .. Why if they arn't needed are companys making them .. Poople like you two get members backs up ..I'll ask elsewhere , unless someone can try and be helpful , thanks for taking the time to be sarcastic :roll:
  • NewTTer
    Post deleted
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    santana007 wrote:
    Had an accident years ago and limited to 80% over my right shoulder ,So i have a slight blind spot, Try offering advice instead of trying to be clever , it also works wonders .. Why if they arn't needed are companys making them .. Poople like you two get members backs up ..I'll ask elsewhere , unless someone can try and be helpful , thanks for taking the time to be sarcastic :roll:

You can get helmet-mounted rear-view mirrors which may help.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bla ... r-ec006158

or this:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cyc ... r-ec034027

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Found one after asking on a helpful forum

What is BikeEye?

Do you feel the need for better rear vision on your motorcycle? Ever wondered if there is anything in your blind spot? The BikeEye ™ rear view camera solves these problems by enabling you to see what or who is behind you via mini cam technology.

The BikeEye™ rear view bike camera system is a wireless safety camera device which improves visibility at the back of your motorcycle. Using the wireless rearview camera is a handy way of cutting out your blind spot and it could save you money on your insurance premiums too! The cameras are also a great 'trick' piece of kit for impressing friends.

How does it work?

The system is wireless and easy to install, simply take a 12v feed from your rear lights to power the camera and another from the front to power the monitor. For a full specification visit our website.
  • NewTTer wrote:
    LMFAO
    I have NEVER seen a bicycle on the roads fitted with a rear view camera, stop trying to be all pompous and righteous, what you are proposing is just pathetic, so you had an accident what do you want sympathy? Its a bicycle you can turn your shoulders aswell as your head that will over come your issue!

The point is company's make them , i am not after sympathy , i was after an answer to the problem i have , and that is limited movment , so have a blind spot , if you can't offer help then don't provide an answer that isn't helpful .. Simply don't comment .. Why is a bike cam pathetic , is a helmet or hi viz jacket pathetic !! Anything that adds to road safty can only be a good thing ..
  • Trikeman
    Trikeman Posts: 151
    Hi, got one of these on my commuter - it's excellent, just don't have to look behind as often, but I always know what's coming up from behind - hope it helps.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BICYCLE-CYCLE ... 1e71d0dcb1

Regards,

Trikeman. :wink:
    With a huff and a puff the old man gets to the top - eventually ;o

After one enormous 'cull' this is all that's left.
    Sabbath September Ti.
    Specialized Stumpjumper Pro FSR.
  • declan1 wrote:
    santana007 wrote:
    Had an accident years ago and limited to 80% over my right shoulder ,So i have a slight blind spot, Try offering advice instead of trying to be clever , it also works wonders .. Why if they arn't needed are companys making them .. Poople like you two get members backs up ..I'll ask elsewhere , unless someone can try and be helpful , thanks for taking the time to be sarcastic :roll:

or this:

Cheers m8 .. i will take a look , just heard about camera's .. and thought it a good option as it would give a good rear view of what is behind at all times .. Thanks for a helpful post .. Have a great xmas :)
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    santana007 wrote:
    declan1 wrote:
    santana007 wrote:

or this:

Cheers m8 .. i will take a look , just heard about camera's .. and thought it a good option as it would give a good rear view of what is behind at all times .. Thanks for a helpful post .. Have a great xmas :)

You too :)

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Trikeman wrote:
    Hi, got one of these on my commuter - it's excellent, just don't have to look behind as often, but I always know what's coming up from behind - hope it helps.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BICYCLE-CYCLE ... 1e71d0dcb1

Regards,

Trikeman. :wink:

Cheers Trikeman .. Happy cycling .. :)
  • santana007 wrote:

How was I trying to be clever, I asked why you want one? Hardly being clever, it is just a abnormal question so I wondered why. Might want to thicken your skin a little if that warrants a reply like that.
  • santana007 wrote:

How was I trying to be clever, I asked why you want one? Hardly being clever, it is just a abnormal question so I wondered why. Might want to thicken your skin a little if that warrants a reply like that.

So why would i want a rear view camera .. Hmmm ... maybe think before you ask why !! rather than offering help of some kind , I want to see in to the past with it .. I run a photography forum , we offer help on there .. If someone said i want a canon 70-200mm lens .. My reply would be here is a link and the mk2 is the best to go for .. Not why do you want one .. So yes you were being , sorry trying to be clever , You failed !!!!!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    edited December 2012
    Blimey Santana - you do seem a bit grumpy.
    Good luck finding your 12v power output on your bike anyway.

If you'd explained your reasons to begin with we'd not have got off to the wrong start.

If you do need to see behind then a mirror is a far better bet than a camera. Motorbikes seem to cope well with them.

I've been cycling 30 years. I've seen a handful of bike with mirrors. I've never seen a bike with rear view cameras and a monitor.
  • santana007 wrote:
    santana007 wrote:

So why would i want a rear view camera .. Hmmm ... maybe think before you ask why !! rather than offering help of some kind , I want to see in to the past with it .. I run a photography forum , we offer help on there .. If someone said i want a canon 70-200mm lens .. My reply would be here is a link and the mk2 is the best to go for .. Not why do you want one .. So yes you were being , sorry trying to be clever , You failed !!!!!

LOL something serious is going on with you. Sorry I asked why you felt the need for a rear view camera. :roll:

I bet you don't get people asking on your camera forum what bike is best for taking pictures with....
  • NewTTer
    Quite, seems like another idiot in the ranks. Rearview camera on a bicycle whatever next
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Why so much negativity? The guy asks a question and he's ridiculed for it. He could be asking what shade of pink he should have his handlebar tassels. Its his bike let him do what he wants. And if you can't just give advice, butt out and leave the guy alone. There is no such thing as a stupid question, but there is such thing as a stupid answer.
  • There is no such thing as a stupid question, but there is such thing as a stupid answer.

And there's an incomplete question, lacking in pertinent information, which will almost certainly get you the wrong answer.

The OP asks a question, someone asks why, and the response is the required details followed by a snarky response from the OP suggesting that simply asking the question is out of order. The OP therefore got the same level of response as they first dealt out.

Perhaps the reason that the OP is having trouble finding the technical solution he/she required is that it is a ridiculous overkill and nobody in their right mind considers it a particularly good one either technically or financially, especially since the low power, high availability, high performance version called a mirror has been available for a few centuries.

All they really need then is an IP wireless camera, a large battery, a large ruggedised case for the camera, an a custom App written for their smartphone. Obviously something in high demand to fit on a bike ;)
  • YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    GoPro using a smartphone as the viewfinder is an expensive possibility?
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    NewTTer wrote:
    LMFAO
    I have NEVER seen a bicycle on the roads fitted with a rear view camera, stop trying to be all pompous and righteous, what you are proposing is just pathetic, so you had an accident what do you want sympathy? Its a bicycle you can turn your shoulders aswell as your head that will over come your issue!

Have you nothing better to do with your time than being gratuitously rude to people you don't know?

The OP wants a rear view camera. He didn't ask for your opinion as to whether he needed one, he asked about which one to buy. No wonder many of the newcomers complain about the reception they get here.
  • smoggysteve
    lotus49 wrote:
    NewTTer wrote:
    LMFAO

Have you nothing better to do with your time than being gratuitously rude to people you don't know?

The OP wants a rear view camera. He didn't ask for your opinion as to whether he needed one, he asked about which one to buy. No wonder many of the newcomers complain about the reception they get here.

I agree. Thought people here were meant to help
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    santana007 wrote:
    Why if they arn't needed are companys making them

I'm not getting involved in the should you/shouldn't you argument, but this is a strange question. All sorts of stuff gets made that isn't *needed*. All that's needed is enough people to part with cash. Baby changing bags spring to mind. The makers rely on the mentality 'if they make it i need one'. We all know a cheap rucksack will do but...
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I have been known to use something along the lines of this when riding with inexperienced groups. Gives a surprisingly good field of view but it's quite easy to tap the mirror when moving between the drops and the hoods. Easy to adjust on the move though.

Live cameras might be a bit tricky - just finding a screen that would work in direct sunlight would be a pretty awkward technical challenge.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • NewTTer
    lotus49 wrote:
    NewTTer wrote:
    LMFAO

That will be you then, and perhaps they should consider the dumb ass questions they are asking, and why not quote all the others that gave a negative response, you really need to take a long look at yourself, you have arrived here and set yourself up as an avenging angel, just wait until you see the pattern of stupidity constantly repeating, and new Lotus 49 (how dare you de value that fine car by associating it with you), avengers coming along, you will see.

You have already mentioned in another post how inattentive you are, take some time to read a long way back here and it will soon become clear on how often this type of nonsenses appears. Ask yourself also, is it more helpful to pander to stupidity, thus creating the illusion for the poster that all is well, or a will a sharp reality check be more useful. I admit that I can be short, but that is becuse i sufffer fools like you very lightly.
  • smoggysteve
    NewTTer - Youi are right, there have and will be people coming on these forums and asking stupid questions. But, You have repeatedly visited this thread and posted 4 times so far and added nothing but abuse. Why you keep coming back if the question was so stupid to you in the first place?

I come on hear to offer advice and to gain some knowledge on things I may not know so much about. I have worked with bikes for 14 years and I know a fair bit. To that end I still don't know all there is to know so I may even ask a question which to someone may sound stupid. Is it? Or is it just stupid to one or two people who want to scoff and make fun at them like a playground bully?
  • NewTTer - Youi are right, there have and will be people coming on these forums and asking stupid questions. But, You have repeatedly visited this thread and posted 4 times so far and added nothing but abuse. Why you keep coming back if the question was so stupid to you in the first place?

I come on hear to offer advice and to gain some knowledge on things I may not know so much about. I have worked with bikes for 14 years and I know a fair bit. To that end I still don't know all there is to know so I may even ask a question which to someone may sound stupid. Is it? Or is it just stupid to one or two people who want to scoff and make fun at them like a playground bully?

It is different in my case, and I'm far from a playground bully. My first question was why he would want one, as I find it to be a very strange question and have never heard someone ask it. I was then replied to with "your an arse, why would you ask me why I want one". That is not exactly a great reponse to someone who just asked why. Imagine if that had happened in a shop, it is just not polite.
  • smoggysteve
    No one suggested you were MountainMonster. You asked a reasonable question.

I looked through the thread and cannot see any comment of him calling "You an ars*" Maybe the original response was a little out of hand. I agree he could have worded his reply a bit better. But, is that en excuse for the abuse he gets after that? You did start to come out with a few unnecessary comments. Fine if you felt you were being taken out of context but don't start ridiculing them as well.
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    NewTTer wrote:
    ... why not quote all the others that gave a negative response, you really need to take a long look at yourself, you have arrived here and set yourself up as an avenging angel...
    I picked on your post because it stood out. I didn't say that you are always rude or unhelpful but on this occasion I believe that you were. I have tried to be polite at all times on this forum and even in the face of abuse I have never insulted anyone here. All I can do is ask that people be polite to each other and hope that they respond.
    NewTTer wrote:
    I admit that I can be short, but that is becuse i sufffer fools like you very lightly.
    If you had not not been short in this case, perhaps the OP would actually have thought about what you wrote instead of reacting the way he did (which I recognise was not particularly polite either).

Please can you explain to me why asking people to be polite makes me a "fool".
  • Total chinese garbage.
    Don’t even bother. Both my units went dead shortly after the 1 year warranty period.
    They will not even try fixing them, at my expense.
    Trying to get in touch with them was a royal pain.

I would be shocked if this POS startup is around in a year or two.
    Don't waste your money; look elsewhere, i.e. GoPro/Garmin.
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Other than adding expense, complication, and weight; as well as reducing reliability, what does a camera with monitor offer that a mirror or two doesn't?
    Red bikes are the fastest.
This discussion has been closed.