Christmas Eve morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,858
edited December 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Up ready for work - great

Picking up my boss on the way as we traditionally go to the pub after work. Then fast drive home and up to the church for oranges, sweats and candles again. Followed by the new tradition of the pub

Then put the kids to bed and my Santa outfit on and empty my sack over the current wife :)

Comments

• ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

half an hour at work already and its still dark outside. 9 1/2 hours to go then I can have a nap whilst the missus drives us to North Wales for Christmas. Granted it is hard to sleep with the feeling of impending doom (terrifyingly bad driver,) but needs must.

Bye for now
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    They are in bed - I'm off for a run and then final xmas stuff - which I'm cooking this year.
  • Morning Losers!
    Last day of work for me, well, half day, I'm leaving at 12, and no mofo is going to stop me.

Dentist appointment at 2, candle, orange and sweet service at 3:30, meet mates in pub at 7, back for midnight mass at 11, home bed, goodnight.

I'm far too busy at this time of year, but I've managed to do just about everything I needed to do.... Sod's law I've forgotten something.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Just dropped the bottom feeder off at work, she wants me to take her bacons for brunch! 'in return for what?' was my reply! She may get lucky!

Actually got some decs up and found my xbox, happy days, i am still sh00t at F1 but i can dream.

Onwards to rain avoidance.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Off for a ride with a mate. It's pissing it down. Meh.

Laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' touchers of ears

Just about finished with the 'rentals and about to do a Chris Rea and drive back home for Christmas. Which I glad to say, this year, will be spent doing my own thing - bike rides, bacons and lamb, tomorrow! I may even partake in a little walk.

Before that, breakfast.

Onwards! To coffee! And bacons!

......and the homestead!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Have a rubbish cold which developed last night. So not much sleep, still not packed to go home, sat in work feeling annoyed and tired. Do I manhandle the bike into the car to take home and annoy my mum by leaving it in her lounge for the next week? If I did ride it would be the first time since I broke my foot jumping out of a tractor in September.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good Morning window lickers...

Currently watching "Nightmare before Christmas" Which would be very appropriate for Mrs Cap, she's just popped into town for those last minute things we couldn't possibly do without whilst the shops are closed for 24hrs. I have some very nice Columbian coffee with a nice pair of bacon sandwiches to accompany this film. I think this combination works quite well.

Granddaughter's coming over this afternoon, so hopefully we'll get through the day without another trip to A&E. If it stops hissing down this morning, I might give the car a quick wash. But apart from that, I shall be spending the day doing not a lot.

Laters...
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Ning
    The cold appears to have decided to come back, just waiting for the paracetamol to kick in before I go and face the supermarket. Realised I've sent out cards to everyone excet parents mark 1 and parents mark 2.
    Today will be further spent doing more clearing out of all the stuff in the house. Almost done, just got to find some packing cases from somewhere..
    It appears I might have a date on Boxing day...
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Realised I've sent out cards to everyone excet parents mark 1 and parents mark 2.

Both your Parents are called Mark? that might explain why you are tall ;)

Morning me old Scuttlers

I'm off to work in a couple of hours to keep the good people of the valleys moving for xmas, my job however has ridiculously been extended by an hour and as I have to wait for a minibus to take me back to Cardiff Central. What will actually happen is that I shall be parking at the loco sheds and finishing half hour earlier than originally planned but getting an hours overtime on top. I mean I could walk it in less than the time i'm booked standing around and I'm not a quick walker.

After that a drive down to Pembrokeshire for a couple of days Christmassing with the natives.

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning from the Windowed bunker,
    Been in since 06:30 and pretty much got through the 160+ emails that were waiting for me.

Will be sloping off soon to start my xmas drinking at home, whilst being on call all week :roll: but at least i'm getting double pay for being at home :wink:

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Did someone said PUB !!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas and catch you on the flip

If wanted I shall be in the pub till the new year

Laters
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Evenin Christmassy Cruddites,

Bunked off work at 2pm as there was almost nobody there and went down the pub with a couple of mates - win. Avoided detection of said pub activity by the FPO - bonus. Now need to stuff face and laze in front of the box which is traditional here :) Only problem for me is I have done absolutely FA exercise lately and I don't know when I'll get some....

Have a good one 'Tards, no doubt I'll pop in here tomorrow to see who's as sad as me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]