Wrapping pressies

leevil knievil
leevil knievil Posts: 162
edited December 2012 in The Crudcatcher
I hope its not just me but is wrapping presents a nightmare, every year i struggle with this task.

I Start off with good intentions and try to be as neat as possible, but that soon goes to pot and all the wifes presents end up like a patchwork quilt with as much tape as paper.

It will probably take her a hour to bloody open them, used to get good old mum to do it but she gave up a few years ago with two other brothers with the same conundrum.

Its the thought that counts right ?
work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013

Comments

• Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I use brown paper for the environmental look, that way if its messy I can call it "rustic"
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Just buy stuffs from shops that wrap it for you.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Just think of it as wrapping up a dead body... Pretty good at that...
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Who the fark are you?
  • Gazlar
    Thats Projectsome, he's on here pretty much every bloody day ;)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Oh yeh ridden with him :p
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Oh yeh ridden him :p

Obvious and predictable edit
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Just buy stuffs from shops that wrap it for you.

Plus Pringles

Though this year the current wife bought a few outfits from a fancy clothes shop and the bastards wrapped them up all together. Which meant I had to re-wrap them (whilst watching cool running, so not all bad)
  • tin foil.

Yep the tin foil doesnt seem that bad, pliable no need for tape and its silver, I may even get commended on being resourceful.

But i think i may also need a tin hat and cup made to look after the obvious if she new i used tesco extra strong to wrap up her pressies.

Yes did manage to get one wrapped at boots by there gift wrapping service, but if i did that all day there would be less time for drinkage, think i will probably look at that next year or go beg my mum again.
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • Gazlar
    There is, in many places charity stalls which gift wrap for you, I know there was one in Brum and one in Cardiff this year, however their pricing strategy seems to be.....how much did it cost originally, ok double that and add 30 quid and we'll stick some paper to it.

Giftwrapping is such a rip off
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    tin foil.

Scrunch and done.
  • Sgray
    Sgray Posts: 79
    I get those bag things they sell in Clintons and put presents in there with some of that crepe? paper on top.
  • Nuts4fsr
    Nuts4fsr Posts: 1,084
    Wrapping is easy. Lay out the pressie on the paper, and roll over to get the amount needed.