Please identify my forks...

Dr_Tinkle
Dr_Tinkle Posts: 13
edited December 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I know this may sound ridiculous but confusion reigns right now...

I have some Talas 32 RLC forks. I know I do.

Thing is every manual I download right back to 2005 shows the rebound being on top of the right leg, Yet on my fork, the rebound adjuster is at the bottom of the leg. On the top of my right leg appears to be the lock out lever, slow and fast speed compression (so say the decals) yet I cant find this set up in any Fox manul.

Please tell me what I'm missing. I'm sure its me but ...

(Other details: fork adjustable 4", 5", 6" supplied on Titus FTM frame - in case that's any use)

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Pictures?

could be any OE spec-
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Or a PUSHed one, Tim Flooks used to move the rebound IIRC.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yep, some OE versions have the rebound on the bottom.
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    I have some Talas 32 RLC forks. I know I do.

The high and low speed compression decals suggests that they're TALAS 36 RC2s with inverted FIT damper.

The other possibilities are a 36 TALAS RLC (160mm) or a 32 TALAS RLC (150mm), however if they where RLCs you wouldn't have any high and low speed compression adjustment, you would only have low speed compression (blue dial), lockout (blue lever) and lockout threshold (black dial).

So what have you got, two blue dials = Talas 36 RC2 , one blue dial one blue lever and a black dial = 32 TALAS RLC?

My money is on it being 2010 150mm Talas RLC with inverted damper. The 2009 Talas didn't use the inverted damper and in 2011 they moved to the 2 position Talas system.

Inverted Damper

In 2010 the latest evolution of the FIT damper was introduced to the 32mm range of Fox Forx in its new inverted guise offering lower unsprung weight, reduced overall fork weight, improved damping consistency & instant lag free lockout.

For 2011 the inverted FIT damper was added to the 36 & 40 forks offering further improvements which include lower unsprung weight & compression adjusters at the top of the leg offering greater on-the-fly compression adjustment.