Elevation Mask

richsieb
richsieb Posts: 137
edited December 2012 in The cake stop
Looking into the Elevation 2.0 mask for use with my sport training. Anyone had any experience with them or whatnot before I invest £70 :roll:

Comments

• FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Snake Oil
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,358
    No idea what an 'Elevation 2.0 mask', but I do have plenty of experience with whatnot. If you adjust the thingy on your whatnot, then you usually find the thingyamebob easy to operate and you will not have any problems doing the doodah over and over again. Wossisname told me that too and you should listen to him 'cos he's the bloke who does the whatjamacallit.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Its bollox.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Here you go.

contador-mask-fans-surbike.jpg
  • richsieb
    haha very funny :Dhttp://www.mmaapparel.co.uk/products/TR ... K-2.0.html
    Mainly sold for Martial arts type training, but it also states it can be used for running, cycling swimming etc.
  • cougie
    How could you swim in it ??

It would only be any use if you had problems with your lungs ?
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    Your lung capacity is not a limiter unless you are a freediver. You only use a fraction of the oxygen you breathe in per breath.
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • johncp
    johncp Posts: 302
    If the discs remove oxygen from inhaled air (which they don't), then it's simulating altitude. Otherwise it's just a variation of a powerbreathe http://www.powerbreathe.com/ which may improve the strength of your breathing muscles. As others have said, almost certainly a waste of time. Spend your £70 on something more useful, maybe a Trainer Road subscription :twisted:
    If you haven't got a headwind you're not trying hard enough
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Somebody just wants an excuse to buy a gimp mask. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • richsieb
    I was just curious as I do a lot of PT, krav and rugby training and i thought it could perhaps help with those.
  • cougie
    I've seen people wearing some kind of gas mask at the gym - but you see a lot of crap exercisers there. Unless you've something medically wrong with your lungs that mean they need developing - they're a complete waste of time.
  • richsieb
    cougie wrote:
    I've seen people wearing some kind of gas mask at the gym .
    Yeah i think that's the first version of it, didn't really fancy that :lol: which is why the 2.0 look more appealing
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    If you want breathing exercises learn to play the Saxophone.
  • It worked for Bane from the new Batman film...
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Aye, snake oil. If you want to be a better cyclist, just get a power balance bracelet :lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,358
    You could also try Balet, very good for breathing exercises speshly when those fit girls come out with there stretchy pants showing fantastic definition - you'll need all the breath control then.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • cougie
    Sussed out wrote:
    It worked for Bane from the new Batman film...
    Didn't batman win in the end ? So a cape would be better ?