The other half doesn't know!!.

kayo74
kayo74 Posts: 299
edited December 2012 in The bottom bracket
Spent 3,500 on a bike but told the wife it was 2,000 is that breaking the rules!!!.

Comments

• Yes totally wrong.

The rule is 50% of actual cost :wink:

Or even better, that you knocked it up from spare bits you had lying around the shed.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Surely it is a £3500 bike that you got for £2000 in the sale.
    Bargain! :wink:

Look in the back of her cupboard and you will find lots of "bargain" shoes and bags. Probably adds up to the value of your bike. Well, that logic works for me. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Meh, i just knock a zero off
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Good work....Although im lucky my Mrs doesn' care what i spend my money on.

So come on then,what did you buy ?????? :D
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Deceitful,dishonest,disgraceful.

Ahhh -lurv-it.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Don't get too cocky. Your wife might not know the full value, but you live in Oldham. I would get a tin of matt black and get the thing painted quick as possible. Paint 'APOLLO' on the seat and down tubes too.*

*If I knew a superb decals maker, I would tell you about it and give you some pics and a link, but I don't.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • "wife units". Good man :D
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    she knows...you are now 1500 in her debt in the lie bank, one day you will pay :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Good work
  • Bwgan
    Bwgan Posts: 389
    Tear the receipt up into a lot of little pieces and eat it!!!

I did a similar thing with a new Cannondale a few years ago, said it was £800 and it was £1400, I put the receipt with all the 'dale bumf. She found it one day when I was selling it on :o

Sure they do the same with boots and handbags etc
  • fearby
    fearby Posts: 245
    I love the fact that the original poster feels a sense of shame. Some of us have been doing this for years.
  • kayo74 wrote:
    Spent 3,500 on a bike but told the wife it was 2,000 is that breaking the rules!!!.

If Mrs Tank has the audacity to ask me the cost of any bike stuff I just tell her "enough".

She's give up asking now.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    £1WP (wife pound) = 50p
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • jp1970
    jp1970 Posts: 134
    need to make sure they don't log onto this forum !!!!!!!
  • Isn't it crappy the way we have to lie about what we spend our money on ? I buy stuff in secret, I tell lies about what stuff cost and have a secret jamjar fund in the garage to spend on cycle stuff too. Why should I be afraid to be honest ? I think women in long term relationships have a weird power that dictate the whole mood of the house that they can change as they please.

I am going to kill my wife, get a nanny and life the life of a cycling God, which I know I was destined to be but didn't realise until I was in my 30's........or, just tell the truth from now on.

How hard can it be ?
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • pussywhipped is the term. isnt it?

its your £££ if she doesnt like it point her towards the door.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • pussywhipped is the term. isnt it?

its your £££ if she doesnt like it point her towards the door.

You are right.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...