Stop it. Just stop it now.

chrisaonabike
chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
edited December 2012 in The cake stop
You're a cyclist, goddamn. You should know that it's a pedal.

Not a peddle.

The verb is to pedal... hence pedalling, pedalled. Not peddling.

Please, think of my blood pressure in 2013.

I thank you (and in fact, I already feel better, just getting that off my chest - unless it was the f***off shot of brandy in the Winter Pimms).
Is the gorilla tired yet?

Comments

• Are you trying to tell me that you don't use breaks to slow down either??
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    LMFAO...... :D
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Are you trying to tell me that you don't use breaks to slow down either??
    Ah yes, that reminds me.... :lol:
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    It's that predictive text i hate, honestly whoever invented predictive text can go to he'll.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    I am with you in both of those things. "Mudgaurds" is another irritating misspelling ...
  • and foolwits who write 'loose' when they mean 'lose'

the loosers!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Hoopdriver
    What I really hate are people who neglect to qualify their gerunds with the possessive...
  • Hoopdriver wrote:
    What I really hate are people who neglect to qualify their gerunds with the possessive...
    Don't you think saying this is a touch picky? Still, I enjoyed you bringing it up, despite it sounding a little accusative.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    Eye thinks thaaaaat 'ees upset 'bout the thingy watchacallit. Eyes 'ad a hard day an' ims hurtin proper. Wots I doneed at this min e at, is yew lot 'aaavin a go sqwarkin like inphants, bibbles in tin caans. Sgivin me a bangin' ed. Now shurrup, the lot o' yew whiles I gets my grub an a kip.
    If yew've got a problem whilst eyes kippin, doan worry, just rub beetroot on it right good lyke an' it'll bee just fyne - takes my word far it. Now jyst yew run along now, go, shoo an' get facked, bunch o' wyners.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver wrote:
    Don't you think saying this is a touch picky? Still, I enjoyed you bringing it up, despite it sounding a little accusative.
    Surely what you meant to say was I enjoyed your bringing it up...
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    Hoopdriver wrote:

Oh god yes.
  • Drumlin
    Drumlin Posts: 120
    And we're cyclists not cyclers
    Would welcome company for Sat rides west/south of Edinburgh, up to 3 hrs, 16mph ish. Please PM me if interested/able to help.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Well EXCUSE ME! :lol:
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I blame the teachers, its there fault :wink:
  • Drumlin
    Drumlin Posts: 120
    And when did wheels become hoops ?
    Would welcome company for Sat rides west/south of Edinburgh, up to 3 hrs, 16mph ish. Please PM me if interested/able to help.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Drumlin wrote:
    And when did wheels become hoops ?

about 1100 BC
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Hoopdriver wrote:
    Hoopdriver wrote:
    Nope, I intended to write it exactly as I did, especially for your enjoyment. I thought my getting three possessive-free gerunds into two short sentences was a good effort :)
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver wrote:
    Hoopdriver wrote:
    Nope, I intended to write it exactly as I did, especially for your enjoyment. I thought my getting three possessive-free gerunds into two short sentences was a good effort :)

That wasn't just a good effort - to do that deliberately was brilliant! Hardly anybody knows that stuff anymore
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Some of us do. :) And, yes, I can talk. But I can explain...
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    I know it's 'pedal' however I once had a brain fart and thus got 'peddle'. Some bored prick on this forum decided it'd be fun to make a note of it in their pathetic post. Incidently I don't mean the OP.

People make spelling mistakes, get the f*ck over it.

Merry God Damn Christmas!

:D
  • Hoopdriver
    Bunneh wrote:
    I know it's 'pedal' however I once had a brain fart and thus got 'peddle'. Some bored prick on this forum decided it'd be fun to make a note of it in their pathetic post. Incidently I don't mean the OP.

People make spelling mistakes, get the f*ck over it.

Merry God Damn Christmas!

:D
    So true. I am a professional writer and have a very good command of language and spelling and yet it is so easy to think phonetically and have your fingers type out the sound - hence peddle for pedal even though you are totally aware of the difference in spelling and meaning.
  • Hoopdriver wrote:
    That wasn't just a good effort - to do that deliberately was brilliant! Hardly anybody knows that stuff anymore
    Aww, fanx. In the interests of scrupulous honesty, I did refresh my memory with a little research, before I opened my gob and made myself look like a complete tit.