Lack Of Christmas Spirit

cornerblock
cornerblock Posts: 3,228
edited December 2012 in The cake stop
In the past couple of days I can't help but notice a real lack of goodwill to our fellow forumites. Whether they've been castigated for driving for an hour before realising that their bikes were no longer attached to the car, or they have been criticised for their driving skills and been told that maybe, just maybe it's them that is the pillock, or they've lost a parcel and are looking to claim compensation and been told that they just need to MTFU. Or maybe they're just Captainlip.

Now I'm not sure what's causing it, maybe it's all the nonsense talk of the world ending, or maybe it's that thread about our partners sharing an interest in cycling, which to me both add up to the same thing!

Whatever! It's time to stop the sniping, the bitching and the ner ner ner attitude and realise it's a time to be decent to each other and wish each other a merry Christmas. Yes even Captainlip.

All the best everybody.

I highly recommend Stoneberg Pinotage Shiraz. It's lovely :wink:

Comments

• Wheres the fun in that?

But seriously, i couldn't agree more. I'm all for having a laugh & a friendly joke but some sh*t on here is vicious. It's easy to be like this on a forum though. Less so in reality.

Merry Christmas to y'all
  • Seriously, I'd like to wish all fellow forumites a very merry christmas and best wishes for the future. XXXXXX :D

On the other hand you're all a cunch of bunts. :wink:

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    True indeed. Does depend on how you look at it though. Where is the lack of Christmas spirit re the chap wanting to be compensated for a minor inconvenience? Me for castigating him for trying to profiteer from the deal or him for wanting to give a hard time to some people who work at a Courier company who have just acted in accordance with the agreed contract? The whole compensation culture thing is insidious and unpleasant and it is pretty mean to be trying to push for compensation when you have nothing real to be compensated about.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • The kids (trolls :?: ) are off school, posters are now on holiday (well some are), there's more time to be bored already and stay on the forums for mischief :twisted: to happen. Christmas has always been a dangerous time to be on forums :idea:

So, despite being a total atheist, I'll just mention, have a very merry holiday, that some believe is called Christmas.

:-)
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Rolf F wrote:
    Went on

Rolf this has it's own thread, now take it outside please. :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    I think i'll go out and buy some christmas spirit - Vodka, Rum, Whisky and then come back to the forum with a bit of dutch courage.

Before then - Merry Christmas
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    yeah, merry christmas - everyone :D

well done pinarello001, shaky's back! :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I think i'll go out and buy some christmas spirit - Vodka, Rum, Whisky and then come back to the forum with a bit of dutch courage.

I got several bottles from Aldi for £40 I was a bit peeved though as there were no quality cycling items.

I also went for a job interview in Bulwell and decided as I was in the locale of Frank the tank I would go and look for Pro bikes in Hucknall, Not much Christmas spirit there either when asking for directions, Great bike shop though.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Merry Christmas everybody.
  • Christmas doesn't actually start until the 25th December so its all fair comment until then - especially those who cycle without being able to see, and those who cannot tell when 200lb of bikes comes off the back of their car for an hour.

For those, perhaps Santa will being them some new spectacles and securing cables.;)
  • Merry christmas everyone. I'm going to be a more understanding forumite in the new year, I feel a mellow vibe in the air.

Apart from Frank who thinks we're all bunts. Fargin' icehole. :D

Keep it real, homies.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Merry christmas everyone. I'm going to be a more understanding forumite in the new year, I feel a mellow vibe in the air.

Apart from Frank who thinks we're all bunts. Fargin' icehole. :D

Keep it real, homies.
    I like you fella.

In a cyberpal way of course. :D
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • ok I'll try

really, really hard :(
  • Merry Christmas all. My thanks to all those that have put up with all my n00b questions and answered them so patiently. I've learned a lot in two and a half short months (and 762 miles) of cycling, largely thanks to you lot.

I've also had some great entertainment from some of the flame war threads, so thanks and Merry Christmas too to the usual suspects.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    tim wand wrote:

I got several bottles from Aldi for £40 I was a bit peeved though as there were no quality cycling items.

I also went for a job interview in Bulwell and decided as I was in the locale of Frank the tank I would go and look for Pro bikes in Hucknall, Not much Christmas spirit there either when asking for directions, Great bike shop though.

Dont want people getting the wrong Idea and appreciate that could read wrong. Scott at Pro bikes in Huckall and Pro bikes itself was 100% spot on

It was the miserable sod who I asked for directions in the sports shop on Watnall road , who pointed out "He didnt sell bikes , who needed some Christmas cheer"

Sorry for any confusion caused.
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    tim wand wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

Dont want people getting the wrong Idea and appreciate that could read wrong. Scott at Pro bikes in Huckall and Pro bikes itself was 100% spot on

It was the miserable sod who I asked for directions in the sports shop on Watnall road , who pointed out "He didnt sell bikes , who needed some Christmas cheer"

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Only been in there a couple of times when working in Annesley. It looked great. Glad to hear it lives up to appearances. Merry Christmas one and all.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I don't want to big christmas up as it'll get referred to as hyperbole.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • I feel I should extend seasons greetings to not only this forums regulars but also the woman I overheard in the supermarket saying she is cooking for 25 tomorrow :shock: ...good luck love, you are either brave or foolish, I'm just not sure which!
  • This place can be bad at times but some of the stuff I've seen on the Lonely Planet forum or my local neighbourhood hangout or, worst of all, the national newspaper comments, is far nastier.

The web's full of it now isn't it. A phenomenon called 'snark'. Quite interesting, but sad.

Anyway, I'm nice on this forum all year round, and for many a year, so no need for "Christmas", I hate it. :wink:
  • You're right - just had a look at the Lonely Planet forum, sad or what? and it's been closed due to unsuitable/inappropriate posts! oh what a lovely world - Happy Christmas
  • The Christmas Spirit of choice this year, is GIN. Plenty of ice, slices of lemon and some tonic for appearances :wink: This has been a Great Year and my best wishes to all & sundry (you know who you are). Just a bit more sunshine next year please Santa.
    'fool'
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Gizmodo wrote:
    For my bit of hum-bug I have now apologised: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40020&t=12896228&start=20#p18051492

I blame it on too much Christmas red wine.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Its terrible. I mean you try to help out all these beginners with your years of experience but all you are is a bitter. twisted man with absolutley no comprehension of the hyper sensitivities of the newbie. They are a poor down trodden bunch who have to scrape by on cheap carbon fibre frames and wheels that cost less than £600 and all you do is come out with this awful relentless tirade of gutter sarcasm.
    They are the future Wiggos of Britain and don't you dare tell them that they are naive, lazy and want everything spoon fed to them. On Christams day, I expect you to go around to at least 50 newbies and show them methodically how to flip a stem. That for me is the only way I think you should be allowed back here on this forum. Oh and by the way, little Johnnie Scratchbottom Smyth Putiniev from Chelsea got a brand new Colnago from Daddy and last week, he accidentally put it through a puddle and he really needs you to go down there to clean and wax it for him. Don't come back until you've done it - right !?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!