Lost Parcel - Claim?

essjaydee
essjaydee Posts: 917
edited January 2013 in The cake stop
Sold an item and posted it via courier service parcel2go. Have used them before with no issues, so was happy to go with them again. Glad I took out insurance, as the item was collected and delivered to depot, but has dissapeared :cry:

I have submitted a claim which is currently going through the process and due to be settled by 1st Jan, but I'm gutted about this. Financially I will get back what It has costs me, but what about some compensation for the time and hassle I have had sorting all of this out, or just roll over and accept another reaming :? Their terms and conditions read that I'll get the value of the item and postage cost returned :|

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    essjaydee wrote:
    Financially I will get back what It has costs me, but what about some compensation for the time and hassle I have had sorting

What time and hassle? Really? Honestly, you have been lightly inconvenienced and you want compensation? You'd be happier in the long run if you just accepted that the world isn't perfect and got on with it. The only real time and hassle you'll need compensating for is for the time and hassle you incur trying to get compensation.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Rolf F wrote:
    What time and hassle? Really? Honestly, you have been lightly inconvenienced and you want compensation? You'd be happier in the long run if you just accepted that the world isn't perfect and got on with it. The only real time and hassle you'll need compensating for is for the time and hassle you incur trying to get compensation.

This....................Problem is these days peeps will try and claim for anything and everything....

We are turing into a country who are compensation crazy..
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Well, I have had to send a refund to the buyer, prior to receiving any refund from courier, and I have had to open a case to get the sale fees refunded to myself :|

Also, I have to wait approx 4 weeks, and that money could have been sat in my savings account gaining interest (not a lot I admit).

Why should the little people like me, get fucked over by incompetent companies. If I had made this mistake in my work, I would be on a disciplinary. Some fucker in the courier company has stolen this item, so yes, I think I should get compensated above what I am owed :evil:
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    essjaydee wrote:
    Well, I have had to send a refund to the buyer, prior to receiving any refund from courier, and I have had to open a case to get the sale fees refunded to myself :|

Also, I have to wait approx 4 weeks, and that money could have been sat in my savings account gaining interest (not a lot I admit).

Why should the little people like me, get farked over by incompetent companies. If I had made this mistake in my work, I would be on a disciplinary. Some ****** in the courier company has stolen this item, so yes, I think I should get compensated above what I am owed :evil:
    Sounds reasonable to me.
  • Be grateful that Parcel2Go paid up. I use them a lot think that overall they give a good service. Also remember that P2G only book your parcel - they are essentailly brokers - and that your parcel was lost by one of their partner companies be it Fedex, DHL, Parcelforce whoever. In contrast to P2G Royalmail will do anything and will use every trick in the book to avoid paying claims - they are a disgrace. I don't see what your problem is - you expect to be cpompensated every time something goes wrong in your life? Or just like to have a good whinge?
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • rolf_f
    essjaydee wrote:
    Well, I have had to send a refund to the buyer, prior to receiving any refund from courier, and I have had to open a case to get the sale fees refunded to myself :|

Traumatic indeed. I take it all back.........
  • john1967
    john1967 Posts: 366
    Parcel company looses parcel.....shock horror.
  • Yeah, your right....I should expect to pay good money for a contract to provide a service, not to be upset when there's a problem, and then be happy that after a period of time, I get what I have paid out back, and be totally satisfied with this :roll:

Silly me for trying to be so greedy :oops:
  • john1967
    john1967 Posts: 366
    I take you read the terms and conditions before you entered the contract so you must have understood the risks.If not more fool you.
  • rolf_f
    essjaydee wrote:
    Yeah, your right....I should expect to pay good money for a contract to provide a service, not to be upset when there's a problem, and then be happy that after a period of time, I get what I have paid out back, and be totally satisfied with this :roll:

Silly me for trying to be so greedy :oops:

OK then. What would be adequate compensation for having to fill a form in and lose 0.1p interest?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    To make a claim, you'd need to show a loss - so, unless you're some sort of city type working 24x7 where you show that all that time talking to Parcel2Go lost you £££££, you haven't got much of a case.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Rolf F wrote:
    OK then. What would be adequate compensation for having to fill a form in and lose 0.1p interest?
    The last time I had to use a solicitor (father's probate) we were charged £17 per letter of that gives a yard stick.
  • essjaydee
    Well this has been dragging on, and after lots of calls to them and complaining, it took the threat of using a solicitor to get the customer service manager involved personally to handle this.
    Had a phone call on Friday, and they have apparently found my item, gathering dusts in the depot still, and are returning it next week, but couldn't tell me exactly when! They didn't mention a refund, and I will wait to see if there is any damage to the item before pursuing this with them, but I will be asking for a full refund.

The item was a guitar, in a hard case. How the hell they could lose this for 6 weeks in a depot is beyond me. In the meantime, I had to get the seller fees refunded and give a refund via paypal.

I will not be using their services again :x
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    How can they lose something the size of a guitar case? :shock:
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • essjaydee
    Feck only knows :roll:
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    So your immediate assumption of theft was wrong then? Perhaps you owe them an apology, or compensation for defamation? :roll:

Yes, it's poor service, but sh*t happens.
  • thats some shitty service - i'd deffo go for compo - and get back on the phone to them - theyve had your property for more than a month and still wont give you a date to get it back thats shoddy - give the customer service geezer a bell and give him down the banks.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • essjaydee
    Guitar was returned today. The instrument is ok, thankfully, but the case has got additional damage to it :(

So yet another snotogram sent followed by a phone call in the morning. Going to ask for a replacement case and full refund of costs of service, as they didn't!

Don't think I am being unreasonable, but will see what their response is :|
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    essjaydee wrote:
    Guitar was returned today. The instrument is ok, thankfully, but the case has got additional damage to it :(

So yet another snotogram sent followed by a phone call in the morning. Going to ask for a replacement case and full refund of costs of service, as they didn't!

Umm... isn't that the point of a case? If you didn't want the case damaged (or at risk of being damaged), you should have put it in additional packaging. Although it sounds like you might claim for damaged cardboard or popped bubble wrap... :roll:
  • essjaydee
    Monkeypump wrote:
    essjaydee wrote:

Umm... isn't that the point of a case? If you didn't want the case damaged (or at risk of being damaged), you should have put it in additional packaging. Although it sounds like you might claim for damaged cardboard or popped bubble wrap... :roll:

I assumed that having sold an item for an agreed value that;
    1) Company would deliver the item in a timely manner.
    2) That I would expect the items value to be the same on receipt of the buyer.

But on reflection, your correct.....I am thinking of giving them my next months wages for causing them hassle and being a PIA :roll: