Minivan and van hire in French Alps

thegreatdivide
thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
edited December 2012 in Tour & expedition
Does anyone have any advice on hiring minivans/vans in the French Alps? I’ve tried to investigate via Europcar and few other online sites but they’ve been total cack.

A bunch of us are staying in the North during the last week of the Tour and although we’re spoilt for choice of Cols up there we want to have a crack at the Huez, Galibier and the Croix de Fer so we’ll need something that can take five guys and five bikes on a day trip. We’ll also use it for the a trip to the Huez stage of the Tour – or just stay overnight and sleep under the van ;-)

Comments

• Try typing 'location minibus' into Google.fr

Most of the big companies seem to have one. National/Citer have a 9 seat Jumpy for 85 Euros a day.

You can also try Leclerc (of supermarket fame) they may be cheaper, but their website is pretty awful (like most French ones).
  • Great stuff - thanks for this!
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    Could work out a fair bit cheaper to rent 2 Renault Kangoos (or similar)? I paid a little over €100 for 4 days last summer for a Kangoo.
  • fish156 wrote:
    Could work out a fair bit cheaper to rent 2 Renault Kangoos (or similar)? I paid a little over €100 for 4 days last summer for a Kangoo.

Why didn't I think of that?! Kangoo's are great!
  • Looks like the Jumpy is the winner. We can pick it up from the French side of Geneva airport. Might just hire it for the full week too as it'll come to just over 600 Euro split 6 ways :-)

*One non cycling girlfriend is going :-(
  • Do you happen to know whether the Jumpy will have a towbar fitted?