It's lucky I don't live in Kingston

cyclingprop
cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
edited December 2012 in Commuting chat
Had heard of but never been in to Sigma Sports. Saw this: Internal Google Streetmap and thought... I'm so much richer, for not living in Kingston.
What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?

Comments

• Ah yes - I live in Inverness and already spent too much money in that shop - especially as they can hardly be described as the cheapest....
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Had heard of but never been in to Sigma Sports. Saw this: Internal Google Streetmap and thought... I'm so much richer, for not living in Kingston.

does have a lot of bling - don't really like the shop has to be said, never feels terribly inviting for one.
  • leeefm
    leeefm Posts: 260
    Absolute drool-fest. Especially the Italian bike section upstairs. Getting my wheels serviced there this week. Hope it doesn't come out too expensive though...
    Shand Skinnymalinky
    Argon 18 Radon
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Similar but on a smaller scale to say maces in NYC but what if you could click on an item and view the specific details and even buy it?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • thats not a bikeshop......
    there is no one covered in oil, everything is shiny and clean, there are no tyre marks on the floor.

cool idea though, although i can see a security issue by being able to scope out where the sensors are.....

.... just a thought ;)
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    itboffin wrote:
    Similar but on a smaller scale to say maces in NYC but what if you could click on an item and view the specific details and even buy it?

Sounds like a job for an IT Boffin
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    It's a bit weird seeing your church splashed all over the interwebs.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    itboffin wrote:

Should be fairly straight forward; you should be able to tag the images with the required metadata which would just be a link back to the catalogue. Would be just like tagging a photo in Facebook.

The downside is that after the initial novelty the user experience would be very poor and the amount of work required wouldn't make it viable.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Asprilla wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Should be fairly straight forward; you should be able to tag the images with the required metadata which would just be a link back to the catalogue. Would be just like tagging a photo in Facebook.

The downside is that after the initial novelty the user experience would be very poor and the amount of work required wouldn't make it viable.

ah not so the work involved shouldnt be too difficult if you work in ecommerce :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.