Jeez, it's my knees...

greg66_tri_v2.0
greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
edited December 2012 in Commuting chat
Actually, my knees are fine. One of the few bits of me that rarely gives me gyp these days.

Isn't that nice?
Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
Bike 2-A

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    No, it's not nice. My knee is giving me gyp. My hand is improving slowly, not good enough for road levers yet but can cope with MTB brakes. So now the knee is limiting my riding. Gash is healing well though.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Veronese68 wrote:
    No, it's not nice. My knee is giving me gyp. My hand is improving slowly, not good enough for road levers yet but can cope with MTB brakes. So now the knee is limiting my riding. Gash is healing well though.

You fell of your bike and developed a Gash? I must try and keep it rubberside down.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    So now the knee is limiting my riding. Gash is healing well though.

This has given me an unwelcome insight into the (absence of) conjugal activities in the Veronese68 household.

You both have my sympathies.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Veronese68 wrote:

Really?

That can happen??? :shock:

You might want to have your wife do some turbo training then.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,487
    Oddly enough I was at the doctor's yesterday about my knee. Still giving me trouble 10 weeks after my off, and apparently I can expect this to continue until at least mid January. A bit concerned as there is family history of arthritis. I'll leave you to make your own jokes about stiffness and inflammation.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry wrote:
    Oddly enough I was at the doctor's yesterday about my knee. Still giving me trouble 10 weeks after my off, and apparently I can expect this to continue until at least mid January. A bit concerned as there is family history of arthritis. I'll leave you to make your own jokes about stiffness and inflammation.

Throbbing. You forgot throbbing.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    rjsterry wrote:

I get throbbing. Is that related to the gash healing?
  • rjsterry wrote:

I fell of, banged my knee of the tarmac or the bike smacked into it. Either way, I stupidly rode into work on it. It then was very painful. Even more stupid of me rode home on it. Even even more stupid, I attempted a 60 miles ride on it the next day.

Put me out of action for 3 weeks. It was basically lingering inflammation. Ice, ibuprofen?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry wrote:

It was a bit purple for a while, too.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

It was a bit purple for a while, too.

Which bit?

Actually, belay that. I don't think I want to know.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rjsterry
    Then it when greenish-black :shock:

Just the knee. Giving me grief again this afternoon. :(
    Pinnacle Monzonite