Car-Bus-RTAWestownHub010.jpg

Car-Bus-RTAAtWestown-IMG_0121.jpg

Car-Bus-RTAAtWestownHub-CRW_0998_RJ.jpg

Car-Bus-RTAOnECMAtGermantown002.jpg

YAY!

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I'm a bit worried what happened to the rider of that bike that's stuck on the cowcatcher...
  • Haha you can live in a wright state. :lol:

Shame he ran over the cyclist though :cry:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Akirasho
    Akirasho Posts: 1,892
    I'm a bit worried what happened to the rider of that bike that's stuck on the cowcatcher...
    Haha you can live in a wright state.

Shame he ran over the cyclist though

... silly Brits.

Car-Bus-RTAI75South001.jpg
  • Aki my son, the children have to have fun.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    How often do you see those bike racks utilised Aki?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    8040_58.jpg

I used to take these all the time when I was living in Slovakia. They're old, but accelerate far faster than a diesel bus. Going downhill was an, er, "interesting" experience, they bounce quite a bit and when you come up to a corner it always feels like the driver's going to lose traction.

Where are your pictures from?
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Akirasho wrote:
    Car-Bus-RTAAtWestownHub-CRW_0998_RJ.jpg

Rta! Well you can't say they don't warn you now can you?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Those aren't electric buses - they are trolley buses!

The bike racks are great - I saw them in Portland Oregon and they were very well used there.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Rolf F wrote:

The bike racks are great - I saw them in Portland Oregon and they were very well used there.

We have some university hopper buses in Nottingham (operated by a different company from the one I work for might I add) with those bike rack thing's on. Never seen one used yet.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Akirasho
    How often do you see those bike racks utilised Aki?

... fairly often though I'd suspect that more often by "casual" cyclists as nutcases like me would only use one as a bailout after some epic ride (most areas of the city and surrounding metroplex are accessable by bike and I ditched my car 3 years ago).
    I used to take these all the time when I was living in Slovakia. They're old, but accelerate far faster than a diesel bus. Going downhill was an, er, "interesting" experience, they bounce quite a bit and when you come up to a corner it always feels like the driver's going to lose traction.

Where are your pictures from?

Dayton, OH, USA

... around here, you'd have to be Old Skool to call 'em trolley buses. Indeed, in our city's past, we had both fixed rail and free roving "trolleys". There are examples of both in a local museum but anyone born here in the past 40 years would call 'em Electric Buses... you old fart! :mrgreen:

Hindsight... I can remember that there was a tad of controversey when the RTA (Regional Transit Authority) first put racks on a few buses on high density routes during the warmer months. Now, every route bus has a rack year round. I guess we learned... it's a decent service with little cost past initial purchase and installation. The only caveat is... the RTA takes no responsibility for loss/theft or damage (very rare but I doubt you'd wanna hang your Pinarello Dogma out there unless it was a dire emergency).
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    How did I end up here looking at gaggle of buses :(
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Akirasho
    ben@31 wrote:
    How did I end up here looking at gaggle of buses :(

... the power of the internet compelled you... << splashes internet holy water on the keyboard and monitor >>