Wet Wipes.

greg66_tri_v2.0
greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
edited December 2012 in Commuting chat
wet-wipes.jpg

They can be slippery too, right?
Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
Bike 2-A

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Underrated IMO. They're great at getting all kinds of pooh off babies bum. From the runny kind to the cement like Weetabix bound type. They're great for cleaning the bike, removing oil and soothing things down below the day after the curry the night before....

Its a slow news day.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Depends where you wipe them....
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    My bike had itself a nice Huggies (they were on offer) bath last night before being hoisted up to come down after xmas because I'm away and it keeps it out of the way.

I have not found anything a wet wipe can't help with
  • gtvlusso
    I would not use one to 'oil your chain'.....
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    gtvlusso wrote:
    I would not use one to 'oil your chain'.....
    I wouldn't use one to oil your chain either! Boom boom!

I'll get my coat...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Great for cleaning rims!!
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    The huggies ones are too good for the bike, I use the original baby wipes for the bike, the huggies ones for the kids.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • The huggies ones are too good for the kids, I use the original baby wipes for the kids, the huggies ones for the bike.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Slippery when wet?

or is that

Wet, Wet, Wet?

:wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    anyone noticed when you wipe your rims with baby wipes - brakes are instantly better-er well for about 2 mins then it wears off?

when i was nipper we use to wipe chunks of tar (off the road) onto our rims to make our brakes super awesome - they would howl though
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • gtvlusso
    mudcow007 wrote:
    anyone noticed when you wipe your rims with baby wipes - brakes are instantly better-er well for about 2 mins then it wears off?

when i was nipper we use to wipe chunks of tar (off the road) onto our rims to make our brakes super awesome - they would howl though

Was that after you'd 'lick't road clean and were livin' in a shoe box, all 20 of you'?..... :lol:
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    gtvlusso wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

Was that after you'd 'lick't road clean and were livin' in a shoe box, all 20 of you'?..... :lol:

made me think of this......
    Keeping it classy since '83